Odd 10.0 rating

askep

Hello, whilst toiling away in Korea the UEFA Champions League final (Barcelona vs. Real Madrid can you imagine) passed me by. If I'm not in it myself, I make a point of spectating it anyway, but this time I missed it. Anyway, going in to check the stats of the 0-0 draw (Barça won on pens) I saw this peculiar sight:

Barcelona%20v%20R.%20Madrid%20%28Stats_%20Away%20Stats%29.png

No, not Cristiano Ronaldo not taking a single shot throughout the match, although that might qualify an entire thread by itself as well, I'm referring to Marcelo's perfect 10.0 rating, even though he contributed no goals or assists. A decent defensive performance for sure, but the only times I've encountered the 10.0 rating is by scoring at least one goal and unless scoring more than four goals then oftentimes it takes an assist or two as well. Have anyone encountered this before?

Oh, and on the other side of the ball, Javier Mascherano turned in a spectacular DM performance: 54/56 completed passes, 17/18 tackles won, 4/5 headers won, 15 interceptions and even a shot on target. A yellow card as well to be fair. He got a 7.4 for his efforts. Given his role, shouldn't this be more of a 10.0 performance than Marcelo's?

Yep, although I can't check the match (ie. highlights, see how the TV View button is greyed out) itself apart from stats since apparently the detail level of the UCL was set to 'None', which might explain it. Probably because I'm not managing in Europe at the moment, but have corrected it now, CPU speed be damned!

They got quite severely battered indeed, here's the Match Stats screen:

Barcelona%20v%20R.%20Madrid%20%28Stats_%20Match%20Stats%29.png

Ha, just discovered that the apparently 10.0 Marcelo missed the decisive penalty in the shootout as well!

lol, if that were a human manager there'd be a thread about how the ME is broken and it's impossible to score, etc etc, yada yada...

"how did their centre-back get a ten when we battered 'em?" and the like :p

My own Barca play a very similar way, they can't score goals either :/

Really? With such amazing forward players I've never had trouble scoring with Barça. Look at the teams' average rating though, not seen both teams both score that high before either. One is usually at least 0.5 lower than the other.

Really? With such amazing forward players I've never had trouble scoring with Barça. Look at the teams' average rating though, not seen both teams both score that high before either. One is usually at least 0.5 lower than the other.

It's a brand new save, and in friendlies we were fine (apart from the one "I expect a win" just to see what happens :p), but since the season proper has begun I've played 3, drawn 3... Obviously I know the problem is something I'm doing wrong, I just haven't yet figured what it is.. :lol:

Archived