AI not registering players signed after season start (but before window shuts)

JLlo

I've got about 50+ leagues loaded up and I've been running a test in holiday mode. I came off holiday mode in September 2011 and when checking teams in ALL countries I noticed that nearly EVERY team in EVERY country has a LOT of ineligible players. I thought this was weird so I looked into it further.

Turns out that all the ineligible players are players that have been signed by the clubs AFTER the season started but BEFORE the end of the transfer window. Any players teams sign before 1st game of the league season is fine, but players signed after the 1st league game is set to ineligible.

Even weirder, despite all these players being set as 'INE' some of them still play even though it says they are ineligible. But again some don't, they just sit there ineligible all season... even players that have been bought for 30-40m etc.

The Premier League was ok, after squad registration day all teams registered their 25-man squads, including newly signed players. But other leagues all around the world didn't. Take PSG for example, about 10 of their new signings are set as ineligible... some of them still play even though they are ineligible, others (like Javier Pastore) just sit as ineligible all season and never play a game... despite being the best and most expensive player on their team. So, I added myself as a manager at PSG to see why they were all ineligible and I went to the squad registration screen and none of them were registered, so I registered them and all was fine. But why doesn't the AI managers of every team register these players??? Also, how come some of the players set to ineligible still play and others don't?

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

I'm running 11.3

EDIT - Every single NEWLY TRANSFERRED player that is set as 'INE' in every team in every league has the following listed in selection details: "Availability: Cannot be registered for next match" - but if I add myself as manager I CAN register them for the next match. But the AI can't/doesn't/wont!?

EDIT #2 - I've now noticed once the final squad registration day arrived for most countries/leagues they registered the previously unregistered new signings and then they started playing as normal. However, this never happened with ALL French teams... all their new signings are still ineligible and it says Squad registering closes on 1st Feb 2012. So I'm guessing they won't register any of these new signings until that day. Seems like something wrong to me!

It's 11th September 2010 in my Barca save, I have the Spanish, Austrian, French, English, Italian and German leagues loaded as playable...

and they all seem fine to me, none of the clubs have a lot of unregistered players, in fact... most of them don't have any unregistered players.

fwiw it's 11.3 database/patch I'm using for my Barca save

Cheers for the reply.

I'm using 11.3 as well and I'm in September 2011. It seems that all new signings are ineligible until the day the final squad registration has to be done, then they finally register them. EXCEPT in France, all French teams don't seem to register their new signings, ever!

It is a common problem that AI managers don't bother registering their players, sign players for no reason (isn't planning to use them) and are generally complete idiots when it comes to squad management. Spanish clubs end up with all-foreigner teams despite being able to register only three, Italian clubs continue failing to sign foreigner #2 per season as well as being unaware that the restriction makes it a good idea to sign only one real quality foreigner so they just accept whoever arrives first. I suppose German top clubs will struggle in the German Cup eventually because it has restrictions on foreigners unlike the league. After 10 years the number of home-grown players is so low worldwide that Continental club tournaments become jokes. This is both because AI clubs don't care about that and because even if they did there's a bug making some hg players fail to become so when registering the squad for European cups.

The AI is a mess. That's the short version.

I've noticed Man City are exceptionally bad for doing this. In my Verona save, when i was trying to strengthen my squad, man City had an abundance of unhappy players whom would have been easy pickings had my club been more of an attraction. They had guys like Kolarov, Vidal etc who hadn't played for at least 2 seasons, simply because they hadn't been registered. in fact, they bought Vidal for around £26m 2 seasons previous and the guy hadn't played a single game due to not having been registered. There were plenty more new signings that remained unregistered.

It seems bizarre that some of these 'ineligible' players still play even though it says they are not registered. Also, how it says 'player cannot be registered for next match' - yet if you add yourself as a manager you can register that player for the next match. It amazes me how even £40m star signings don't get registered even though they are easily the best player in the squad (ala Pastore, on my trial game)

Yeah, I just hit February 1st in my new save. This is the first save I've seen where Man City is actually doing pretty well so they got a huge January budget. On the last day of the window, they signed Javi Martinez, Bryan Ruiz, Arturo Vidal and Gervinho, all of whom are now rotting in unregistered limbo.

At the very least, players need to be more apprehensive about signing to a team that already has 2+ players in the same position with "First Team" or higher squad status.

• 2 months later...

I appreciate that you started this thread a while ago, however i recently bought fm12 and also experienced this problem of unregistered players before the transfer window, i managed to resolve the problem and register the players by accessing the 'squad registration' which can be accessed by entering the drop down menu of the team ur managing, the click on 'backroom advice' then enter the 'squad registration' section then register the players, if you have a full squad simply remove players from the squad before registering new players. I appreciate this may be a bit late to reply or may not even solve your problem, but this is how i solved my registration problems.

ollie

I appreciate that you started this thread a while ago, however i recently bought fm12 and also experienced this problem of unregistered players before the transfer window, i managed to resolve the problem and register the players by accessing the 'squad registration' which can be accessed by entering the drop down menu of the team ur managing, the click on 'backroom advice' then enter the 'squad registration' section then register the players, if you have a full squad simply remove players from the squad before registering new players. I appreciate this may be a bit late to reply or may not even solve your problem, but this is how i solved my registration problems.

ollie

None of us have had problems registering players as far as I can tell in this thread. It is the AI - the computer-controlled clubs - that fails to register players. I haven't seen this problem in FM12 but then I haven't actually looked for it either.

Archived