FM 2009 - Hard time verifying keycode - HELP! OR Where's the Data Editor on Steam version?

Hi Guys,

Re-installing '09 for a laugh (haven't played any of them since, looking to get 2012 so wanna get back into FM mode).

I've installed the game via Steam fine and was playing, but decided I wanted to tweak a few players to bring them in line with today (Tom Cleverley, Phil Jones etc were rubbish). Problem is, I couldn't find the Data Editor on the Steam-installed version. So I decided to install from the disc... did all my editing, went to load the game and was prompted for the keycode. Typed it in to SoftAnchor online activiation, it thought about it.. then came back with the following;

"We're sorry, but the installation of Football Manager 2009 Certificate could not be activated for the following reason: The application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection"

Funnily enough, my connection's fine.. as I'm posting here now! No internet issues at all. Tried it for two days now, still no joy.

Any ideas?! On either sorting out the activation of the disc-installed game or where on Earth the Data Editor is on the Steam version?!

Cheers! :)

Archived