Regens of Managers

His regen should appear some time after he retires as a player. You can read more about regens here and here.

But if he becomes a amnager, then he will still be in the database, so it would be wasteful to have another piece of data. I'm not sure if I have that right. I'll try and finish my season and find out. He's a Raul regen btw.

• SI Staff

The way the database is structured you have FMH_PERSON which is the root class which all people have then people have other data attached to them depending on their role so at present FMH_PLAYER and FMH_NON_PLAYER are the main ones.

When a player becomes a manager his FMH_PERSON class is then associated with both a FMH_PLAYER and a FMH_NON_PLAYER data blob, if he retires as a player then that blob is released and he is then associated with just the FMH_NON_PLAYER) ... the 'player' blob will then regenerate in due course.

(hope that made sense)

The way the database is structured you have FMH_PERSON which is the root class which all people have then people have other data attached to them depending on their role so at present FMH_PLAYER and FMH_NON_PLAYER are the main ones.

When a player becomes a manager his FMH_PERSON class is then associated with both a FMH_PLAYER and a FMH_NON_PLAYER data blob, if he retires as a player then that blob is released and he is then associated with just the FMH_NON_PLAYER) ... the 'player' blob will then regenerate in due course.

(hope that made sense)

made perfect sense to me. The 'blob' is one way of putting it :lol::applause:

• SI Staff
Does a FMH_NON_PLAYER has to retire in order to a new FMH_NON_PLAYER being created?

Yes, non-players regenerate in exactly the same manner as players - however they are more frequently 'attached' to a suitable player than created as a whole new person.

Archived