Ill timings by the AI

Smurf

On the 18th May, At Madrid sack their Manager, 6 days before a major competition final!

Champions League final on the 24 May against At Madrid.

Not only that - they approach me to take over at At Madrid on 23 May!!!

It's not the first time I've seen this either.

Well I was due to play At Madrid. And they approached me to take the job.

Just thought it was bit ill timing. Would have thought 1) They'd wait to see how they did in the Champions League final before sacking the manager and 2)Don't approach the manager who you will play the very next day in the Champions League.

Del Bosque walked from Spain during the middle of Euro 2012 on my save. Also on another save, I signed a contract to take over Valencia at the end of the season but for some reason, I played the final league game and the Spanish Cup final with them.

Also pretty sure Carlo Ancelotti jumped from Chelsea to Man City days before a Champions League final.

Well I was due to play At Madrid. And they approached me to take the job.

Just thought it was bit ill timing. Would have thought 1) They'd wait to see how they did in the Champions League final before sacking the manager and 2)Don't approach the manager who you will play the very next day in the Champions League.

That takes some guts :D

Trust me I wanted the job :( And it's twice now this has happened in the game lol.

I want Aguerro but he won't sign for me. So the other alternative is to sign for them lol.

How do I leave Henrique, Neymar, Bale and Co. behind?

This kind of happened to me in my MLS game, it was 2 weeks before the cup final ( there were same games in between so not quite as unrealistic). I was managing Chivas USA and due to play Colorado. the Colorado manager was sacked and a few days later I was sacked. The Colorado job was the only one going so I applied and got it. The next day Chivas appointed the man I replaced at Colorado. I can imagine how much fun the press would have with that. I won the final with Colorado by the way ;)

Yeah, there should really some built-in freezes on managerial sackings. It's worse when Brazil and other big footballing nations fire their coach mid-World Cup, which I've seen them do often.

This is really stupid. Have twice taken over Brazil in the QF of the world cup and gone onto win it. Brazil seem to sack their manager every year in my game. Do get a few stay for a couple of years but then other only a few months.

Archived