When is it going to change ?

A11285

An issue has been around for a while in FM series,its about the transfers.

1)Nowadays in real world football more Asian and the Americas clubs make audacious bids to sign foreign stars

For example : Dario Conca - Moved to Guangzhou , Diego Maradaona joined Al-Wasl , it all started when David Beckham joined Galaxy ,Thierry Henry joined Red Bulls

In FM this is practically not happening , rich clubs from other continents offering big wages and sums in order to attract those stars.

I reckon that these transfers should happen more often in FM , because they are happening big time in real world

2)Players that are desperate for 1st team football, very often take big pay-cuts to join other smaller reputation clubs that guarantee them football

on a regular basis

This issue is partly covered in FM2011 , but not enough

So will be this fixed in FM2012 ?

I agree it needs to be improved. Offering more money to persuade a player to sign should be worked into the game, there is no chance ever that you could sign Eto'o to Anzhi on FM. I did sign Ozil for LA Galaxy once he was 33 years old so that is similar to Beckham and Henry's transfers.

Players should be more willing to take pay cuts based on their personality. I read that Arteta and Bellamy took pay cuts to secure their recent transfers to Arsenal and Liverpool.

I read that about Arteta too, took a pay cut equal to £1m a year appparently, or something like that anyway.

I would like to see them in the game, but only when players are at an age where their career is coming to an end before long, like when Beckham joined Galaxy and such.

Pay cuts are slightly added. I sometimes get high earners want me to make up the difference to go to a smaller club. But it has never worked the other way round though.

Was a thread about this a while back with the AI never seeming to pay part of a players wages when they move to another club.

I wonder if it ever happens IRL.

Two transfers of players is hardly something I'd call an epidemic. And years apart. If it was added I'd like to see this once every 5 years or something by 1 club in the game and no more.

But these things do raise the profile of leagues and clubs. So I'd like to this as a way to increase the number of players attracted to your league and the quality of players.

So if I was managing a club in South Africa and had a billionaire owner who said I could sign anyone for any fee and any wages to raise the profile of the club, I'd go out and buy a 32 year old Dzeko or Aguerro, or Suarez or Villa, Messi or something ridiculous.

Then I'd have a few more players open to moving to the league.

But these things do raise the profile of leagues and clubs. So I'd like to this as a way to increase the number of players attracted to your league and the quality of players.

So if I was managing a club in South Africa and had a billionaire owner who said I could sign anyone for any fee and any wages to raise the profile of the club, I'd go out and buy a 32 year old Dzeko or Aguerro, or Suarez or Villa, Messi or something ridiculous.

Then I'd have a few more players open to moving to the league.

Players moving to lower leagues should raise the rep of that league. Look at the MLS, really did anybody really care about it before David Beckham went there? Him going there raised its exposure as the worlds most famous footballer moved clubs. And paved the way to Henry and Keane. Would they have gone to the MLS if Beckham didn't?

Plenty of players have gone to the MLS well before David Beckham, world calss players. Djorkaef, Stoichkov, Mathaeus, Donadoni, Zenga, Sutter to name a few.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying surely people took more notice of the MLS after Beckham joined. The MLS HAD a rep of old stars at the end of their careers going to the MLS. Surely Beckham going raised the rep of the MLS making it more attractive to other players, I agree that this should be in the game.

Players moving to lower leagues should raise the rep of that league. Look at the MLS, really did anybody really care about it before David Beckham went there? Him going there raised its exposure as the worlds most famous footballer moved clubs. And paved the way to Henry and Keane. Would they have gone to the MLS if Beckham didn't?

Nobody cares about it now in the grander scheme of things, its certainly not thought of as a good place to build a career, more a big payday for players past their best. The Cosmos did this years ago signing Pele amongst others, it works in the short term but long term i cant see Beckham having improved the MLS really, he might have gotten a bit more exposure but no one thinks of the MLS as a higher level of football now he plays there.

Archived