I want to be able to go on a radio tirade

Whilst having your club accept bids for your own players under you noses is realistic, having no option to tell the club to either let you have full control over transfer or you'll walk, having no chance of going on the radio or to the media and complaining bitterly about this etc is ridiculous. I'm about to lose my best player for ~£3 mil because my board are small minded prats who are holding this club back and yet I have no option to say this. Why can't I?

I agree. I've often said that I would love a chance to offer my resignation in order to persuade a board to consider not accepting a bid.

It would probably end in the same result (me at the job centre) but at least I'd feel like the fans would understand my reasons for leaving the club.

I agree. I've often said that I would love a chance to offer my resignation in order to persuade a board to consider not accepting a bid.

It would probably end in the same result (me at the job centre) but at least I'd feel like the fans would understand my reasons for leaving the club.

i think it was in Fm10, i gave the board an ultimatum about a stadium, they caved and built a new one named after me. It has also gone the other way a lot with be being sacked, ive never had them accept an ultimatum on this version yet.

Well, he's gone and my chances to make the Champions League Group stage have gone from minuscule to almost nonexistant. Not the best time to sell him that's for sure. In Norway the Champions League qualifying rounds are in the second half of the season, and he's my only striker who can really hit the goals that my side are going to need. A £3 mil bid for a player in Norway looks good until thought is paid to the increased chance in actually making the group stages (ka-ching!). Oh well, I have a young striker coming in a months time, hopefully I can make the 3rd qualifying round...

If nothing else I would have loved the chance to question the boards motives and state that losing him could cost the club more than what we received.

i also agree with this. more interaction with the chairman when a bid comes in, and the ability to discuss the reasoning for selling a player to the press. also the opportunity to discuss this amongst other things with the supporters spokesman to gain support would work well

This could only improve the gaming experience.

Scrap this thread, it turns out that I'm the idiot it this case. The funds from selling that player (and one other) funded moves for several players and the side now looks ten times better. Whether or not they are in another story, but hey... My board might have got this one right. Although, I still wish I could have discussed this one with them.

It would be nice to go to the press about things like this, but more importantly there should definitely be a chance for you to plead with the board to keep the player, or at least to hold out for more money.

I am at Liverpool and doing very well with numerous trophies and being the best side in the world, and other clubs are always sniffing around my promising young players. I had one 19 year old who looked set to have a bright future and was already getting first team games. Aston Villa bid £14m for him and my board took it, even though we were very rich at the time and didn't need the money. This guy was valued around £5m, but was a wonderkid and I knew that long-term he would be a world class player so was stunned by this. 2 years later, and Villa sell him to Juve for £30m. I was fuming.

Now I get nervous every transfer window because other clubs are always trying to snatch away my wonderkids. I keep giving them new contracts which seems to stop clubs bidding for a while.

Archived