A quick question about scout attributes.

So obviously they need high JCA/JPA attributes.

But when they scout a player, they say how much (if at all) you can buy the player for. Sometimes they recommend a price, but it's way out, so which attribute is needed in order to get a good idea on valuation of a player?

Sorry to hijack this thread slightly, but it's (I think) vaguely relevant. Why do my scouts (JCA17 JPA18), scouting in the lower divisions in Sweden, think useless 28 and 29 year old players are going to turn into world-beaters in the future?

The amount of players wildly recommended by these scouts with 5 white or 1 yellow star current ability rating, but with a 'potential' rating of 5 or 6 yellow stars, despite being in their late 20's is amazing!

PS. Playing FM2008 -waiting for FM12! Rant over...

If the scout comes up with a price, thats quite accurate. The club will usually accept bids around there plus 10%. If they dont have a price at all it can mean the price is way too high.

This. I never have problems with the price scouts give me. Remember that they don't actually give you a single number you have to bid, they give you a range, and the amount the selling club will actually accept is between the top and bottom estimate of the scout.

um sorry, i knew what you meant, but answered your question incorrectly. The way i play the game, i tend to have a bunch of scouts who i send out for scouting missions, but i also have a main scout (or head scout), who has the best all round stats i can attract/afford and use him for all the reports and for scouting individual players that my other scouts have highly recommended or for players my other scouts suggest i look at. I never send him out to scout whole nations, just individual players.

I don't know what attribute is specific to pricing etc, but what i do know, the guy i employ for my head scout provides better all round reports than the others scouts.

Archived