I remember when I loved this game.....

Yes it is another 1 of those posts...

I have played FM/CM ow for some 14 years and I have to say from a fun addictive game it has now gone to a frustrating and annoying game.

I am playing 2011 and after 11 seasons at 1 club(Ipswich) and having won everything I now have the best team I ever wanted and even thought after this season I would maybe quit and go for international management.

So I start my last season and this game is just up in the air,I lost last seasons Premiership title to Man Utd(I won the last 4) by only 2 points,not that I played badly but Man Utd only lost 1 game all season.

This season after 20 games we are losing games left right and centre.

I do not mind the odd game were I am in total control of the game but end up losing but this season I am averaging some 25 shots at goal with an average of 12 on target only to lose to a team that has 4 shots on target from maybe on average 6 shots at goal and this is happening in quite a few games.

I am in total control of the games but seem to be unlucky in them all,the funny thing is that Man Utd are having the same problem....I have lost quite a few games already this season or drawn them and still I am 4th and only 2 points behind the leaders(Man Utd).

I honestly remember playing the likes of CM97/98 through the entire night and having great fun,with this title now I can stand it for around an hour or 2 before I just give in.

It just seems the game is not fair any more and is much more focused on insuring your team is never dominate in the league at what ever cost.

This may seem like a massive whine post but in all honesty I do not mind struggling with a team in division 2 as I know that is there place and I have fun with that team but now this game has really changed and not for the better.

It is great the devs try and think of new things for the title but lets hope they do not forget that it is supposed to be fun!

I will give 2012 a miss and hope the devs get back on track for this title I loved so much....

I think quite the opposite and that this game has got better and better, fairer and such to the extent that you cannot dominate constantly with ease and it takes a lot more now other than just a few clicks.

I can understand and relate to your frustration concerning the domination of a game but still losing, but I suppose this happens in real life. This isnt to say your point isnt valid, because the match engine does have flaws and it does need patching up and sorting out, but I still think it has got better with each title as a general rule.

Things are totally different to the days of CM where you could click your way through a season in minutes (maybe not minutes) and it was indeed great fun, but as much as it is a game, it's also a simulation and to me, I get great pleasure out of the mix. It's clear to see the difference in views each year with people and the polarisation of them, some love the game, some are starting to hate it. But like I said, I can relate to the frustration with dominating games and not winning but I guess it's part of the game and if you were to dominate every year, go unbeaten and walk to titles and cups it wouldnt be fun, nor realistic. We can all dominate or deserve a win in real life, but sometimes lady luck just isnt on our side.

I just binned my 28 season long save because I got bored of winning everything with insane numbers. Started a new game with Blyth and is rather happy playing again, first time in several years that I felt the need to start more than one save as I usually stick with a save once I started. Must say I never found the problem with the game trying to keep you from dominating the league though.

Don't complaint , if you loose when you should be winning it's "challenge".

When your strikers are missing 10 1-1 in a game it is "realism" and "there is something wrong with your tactics" , show some understanding to the guy that has the ball on his feet and the goalkeeper 5 meters infront being ready to score and then thinking The stupid has tempo to fast ! daaaaaamn he misses

Archived