Does your chairman ever make you reduce your wage bill?

I'm running a game right now where i'm spending every penny of my wage budget and transfer money. While I am staying within the budgets, i'm plunging the club into debt. Every time it gets too high though, the chairman pumps more money in. Season after season we keep going into debt, without me ever having to reduce the wage bill. I know a club can't go out of business, I've not even been into administration yet. I am relatively successful though, hitting my season targets every year. Just wondered if the chairman ever says enough is enough and asks you to reduce the wage bill.

Every year he increases it actually, then pumps more money in when we go into debt. My wage budget this year is £850,000 per week. I've not won anything yet, never qualified for europe, best i do is top half in premiership finishes. I'm not worried about the debt, i just assumed sooner or later he'd have enough and want me to cut back. Never seen it in any of my games, just wondering if anyone else has.

He must be, already pumped £56 million into a club that hasn't won anything yet. I'm within my set budgets so he's pleased with my financial control. I don't think I could upset this chairman if i tried to lol

Missing the point of the post, I know i'm spending within my budgets, yes I could spend less, but I do have a strong 22 man squad. I could reduce this if I wanted to, but i'm within my set budgets so why should I? The question was, does there come a point where your chairmen stops funding you and you have to reduce your wage bill? £56 million is a lot to keep pumping in the club, and the clubs finances are once again in the red.

If the economy gets bad enough it is a possibility that your chairman starts accepting bids for your players that you on your own would never dream of accepting, sure that happens from time to time but with healthy finances you got a better chance of keeping your players. Other than that I guess he has set a budget that he feels he can afford but if he decides to withdraw his financial backing of the team you are in trouble. It might be better to try and save up and balance out the books small steps at a time than risk having to do it all at once later on.

I had a Sheffield Wednesday save a few months ago were I got promotion from league 1 in the first season only for the chairman to cut the wage bill, but as we went up alot of players had clauses which increased their wages so basically I was f****d. As for your game you may want to be cautious in case your chairman decides to cut back or sell the club.

Playing a LLM game, went to Leicester who at that point in my save were in League 2, wage budget £140k. Currently about to start my 4th season in the Championship wage budget......... £115k.

That's funny, I'm Leicester in this save and my chairman is throwing money at me.

I had a Sheffield Wednesday save a few months ago were I got promotion from league 1 in the first season only for the chairman to cut the wage bill, but as we went up alot of players had clauses which increased their wages so basically I was f****d. As for your game you may want to be cautious in case your chairman decides to cut back or sell the club.

That's why I always take that clause out when negotiating contracts. I also take out automated % wage rises (however they work). I don't even think about it anymore, just do it automatically. The players don't mind so long as they get everything else they want.

Archived