FM 2011/2012 Multiplayer

Hey Guys,

Questions around multi-players. Myself and a friend have played FM single-player for years but never multi-player (I did play the fm online game but it really you want to take control of your real club!)

Anyway we both think that we're better at FM than the other and I reckon a multi-player would be the best way to sort it. I'm moving abroad so we will be on totally different time-zones

Questions:

A) Is football manager multi-player decent?

B) Can it be played over a long time? Rather than us both being on-line can I play through a week then pass it over to him etc?

C) Any other multi-player tips?

We'll probably get 2012 and play it on that but I imagine the advice will be the same for 2011.

Boab88

A) I guess its ok but I've never been a fan myself

B) No you need to be online at the same time and you both need to click continue before the game moves forward which makes it slow going. You can set a timeout on the continue button but it would mean the one who wasn't online wouldn't be able to go back.

A) It's okay. There's a noticeable lag for whoever's not hosting, i.e. when clicking something there's a brief pause before it comes up.

B) As Cougar said, you need to play at the same time, and the game won't progress until both have pressed Continue.

C) Use something like Hamachi if you're behind routers and you'll save yourself the headaches of messing with port forwarding and local vs. WAN IP's.

1. It's great. So much harder than playing single player. The same things that win you leagues in single player just don't seem to do it in multi. Personally, I can't even play single player any more because with all the mockery, serious competition from not-silly AI managers etc. the game is just far tougher/more interesting.

2. There is a considerable lag. You'll both need good internet connections and decent computers, I'd recommend not loading too many leagues/divisions/players.

Archived