Important match rating and Experience

There are some young players who thrive in a big match straight away, maybe even better than later in their careers when they are aware of the importance of the match, there are of course some young players who are over-awed in a big match, but with experience become battle hardened veterans who thrive in a big match and help others too. Some of course, will never thrive in them.

Maybe too, in certain situations some players feel more comfortable in a big match due to who their team-mates are, than when they feel less familiar, or more exposed at a new club, or in a weaker line-up.

My question is, in FM does the important match rating for a player change in his career, can it grow like CA, can it fall? If anyone knows I would be glad to know if it does. If not, I think it should be changeable.

I think it does change because I had a player who "doesn't feel comfortable playing in the big matches" but after a couple of seasons at my club that was no longer there in the coach reports... one can only assume that he became comfortable in the big matches

yes it can change, it can go up or down depending on performances during these games, if a young player plays well constantly in big games that attribute will go up and vice versa if he constantly under performs in these games.

SFraser wrote some fantastic stuff on this but i cant for the life of me find the thread.

Be careful though, the phrase used to describe how the player feels about important matches relates to what level his Important Matches (hidden attribute) is. I have yet to encounter the description for the lowest levels of this (scared witless maybe:)), but 'Not Relish' means a higher rating than 'Doesn't Feel Comfortable', and personally, I wouldn't buy a player with anything lower than 'Not Relish', as it would be difficult to raise this attribute enough, to at least neutralise it, from anything lower than this.

(and be prepared for a few 'No Pressure' teamtalks)

Archived