Star striker getting constant red cards

My best player, who happens to be England's new all-time highest goalscorer has just been dealt his 7 straight red card.

Never really noticied a problem until last season when he had 3 in the league.

Always accepts a 2 week fine. Got one in pre-season and now again early in the first half of a massive game.

His aggresion is only 10 and I don't know what to do!

I've got a diver, beyond tutoring to alter hidden attributes I don't think there is any way to stop it.

If your chap isn't diving he's getting reds because of hidden attributes, aggression doesn't really influence the amount of yellow & red cards that much. Again, tutoring is almost the only way to alter the relevant hidden attributes.

Great, great call PFFM!! Should of said any second.

I've got a diver, beyond tutoring to alter hidden attributes I don't think there is any way to stop it.

If your chap isn't diving he's getting reds because of hidden attributes, aggression doesn't really influence the amount of yellow & red cards that much. Again, tutoring is almost the only way to alter the relevant hidden attributes.

Great, great call PFFM!! Should of said any second.

Just sorry you haven't found a solution.

It is probably Dirtyness, Temperament and Sportsmanship. High, high and low in those and he will probably bring shame to your club on a regular basis and there is nothing you can do about it. Aggression, Tackling, closing down etc really doesn't affect two-footed tackles at all.

Just sorry you haven't found a solution.

Ack, it's not so bad, he's been alright for a couple of months. He's probably storing up all of his useless (I say useless because he hasn't got anything except a couple of reds from it) diving for when I finally battle my way to the CL final!

Either that or he's just really canny, he steps onto the pitch and receives his juicy appearance bonus, gets an easy couple of yellows and heads down the pub for a swift pint while he watches the game! They should include a hidden attribute for cunning ;)

Strengths are explosive and consistent

Weaknesses are none.

Aggression is 8.

Don't know about hidden stats

Yeah that's what I was hoping to work out from his weaknesses. So all backroom staff say he has no weaknesses? and did his aggression go down? (10 in OP)

OK last two questions what's his personality and media-handling, and how old is he?

Yeah that's what I was hoping to work out from his weaknesses. So all backroom staff say he has no weaknesses? and did his aggression go down? (10 in OP)

OK last two questions what's his personality and media-handling, and how old is he?

Sorry his aggression was always 10. I was just estimating it in the first post. Hasv;t ever reduced after a fine.

Yep no weaknesses.

Meida handling is level-headed, he;s 28 and determined

scoot4nat, I'm leaning heavily towards 'Dirtiness'. This hidden attribute rises, I don't know why, or if there are specific triggers, but it is possible that your guy's Dirtiness attribute was already pretty high, then rose a few points, tipping him into the 'loco' level - possibly some time last season.

I don't know of a way to reduce Dirtiness, (if that's what it is), I would just keep fining him and hope for the best.

But follow the above advice, easy tackling, low closing down, and if your Assman does Opposition Instructions check what has been set before every game as some set Hard Tackling for every opposition player.

Regular bad tackles suggest there's something in his tactical make-up he's not comfortable with.

There's something in there that's encouraging him to get stuck in when he clearly hasn't got the aptitude for it. I'd suggest heading over to the tactical forum and starting a thread about it there, see what people can come up with.

I'd sell :D got no time for players getting sent off... my star defender got sent off two matches in a row (one effectively costing me the FA Cup) so sold him for £30m to Madrid and promoted my up and coming youngster to the first team. No problems since, and we're as strong as ever at the back :D

Got another straight red. First half - 2 foull. Changed all his settings to easy, low closing down etc. Dirtiness sounds like it.

Think he's a cross between Vinnie Jones and a suicide bomber! I keep fining him. I;ve even dropped him to the reserves, which he accepts as being deserved. I left him out of a Champions League Final.

He is a pure goal machine, otherwise I would sell. But I just know he will haunt me.

Well, I'm a lazy tactician and use player roles (none of the advanced tabs unless someone is taking too many long shots). If you're not already doing so, using 'Poacher' or 'Terquista'(spl?) as his role may help, as these have minimal defensive duties. Although this might affect hiss effectiveness infront of goal, depending on his style of play.

I miss Vinnie Jones, but in all seriousness, talk to the tactical guys, I've just taken england into a world cup and managed to get James Milner sent off twice in two games, once for two yellows, once for a straight red, to contrast, in exactly the same position (CM) in my team Lee Cattermole(yes Lee "the second coming of Vinnie" Cattermole) has managed to not pick up a card in the other two games (cause milner was suspended). Put 2 and 2 together, Cattermole seems to work well under my instructions and somehow manages to not play like a boofhead(no, really, no cards at all in TWO whole games) whilst milner gets himself sent off both times. Some players just turn into psychopaths if you tell them the wrong thing.

Edit: reading the post below made me think of another thing, how messed up is he getting? ie, is he running himself into the ground every game and then late on making a stupid tired two footed lunge at someone? And yeah, if you keep an eye on his motivation and the "ill-disciplined" and "in danger of getting a card" come up... might be worth subbing him if he's already smacked a hat-trick for you

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the team talks you are giving him. Depending on his attitude, how he's playing, and what you say you can work players into a frenzy and start seeing associated negative motivation: "Looking ill-disciplined" "Looking wound-up" "In danger of getting sent-off!", etc.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the team talks you are giving him. Depending on his attitude, how he's playing, and what you say you can work players into a frenzy and start seeing associated negative motivation: "Looking ill-disciplined" "Looking wound-up" "In danger of getting sent-off!", etc.

I have seen non-aggressive players just lunge into dangerous two-footed tackles without any motivational indicators on red alert. As I said in #9, Hard Tackling, Bad Discipline, Aggression have nothing to do with these incidents. They seem to happen completely randomly, but is likely connected to the hidden attributes Dirtiness, Sportsmanship and Temper.

Violent Two-Footed tackles aren't really tackles as such. They are acts of violence caused by players losing their cool, so don't compare them to other red cards.

The only other things I can think of that could cause those violent incidents are rival matches and disliked personnel. Most of the red card incidents I have seen were when my friend was playing Milan, and they are rivals with half the teams in Italy so that could be a factor. It also seems like Italy is more plagued by bad sportsmanship than any other nation/league, based on my experiences playing there.

Archived