Injuries and knocks in the lower leagues - too many?

I've just started a new game with Truro City (Conference South) with a Sep 2011 data update. I've completed a season and have done well but I'm starting to get quite fed up with the number of knocks and injuries my players get in and out of matches. Am I doing something wrong? I've only got general training and haven't touched it, is there something wrong with the default? I've appointed a fitness coach in the hope that it will work. I actually stopped using my normal schedules as they were more intensive than the default.

How do I prevent it? If I can't I'm going to argue that this is wrong and unrealistic. I'm talking at least 3 players a game getting injured or knocked (by knocked I mean get a severe hit to thier condition often to below 50%) and sometimes as many as 5 or my record 6, that's not including the injuries I get in training as well. I have actually got quite a big squad for a LL team as well, so players aren't playing game after game.

I used play myself regulary a couple of leagues below Truro before getting injury and I can't remember my team mates or oppoistion ever getting hit that hard by injuries every game, in fact they didn't. But before I start having a go at the game it's probably me doing something wrong and something obvious at that?

Can anybody help me? Does anyone have the same problems? Thanks. Any helpful replies appreciated.

NOTE: I've only just updated to the 11.3 patch for this save as I had a long term save on 11.2 which I didn't want disturbed by the patch. In that save I was in charge of Alfreton Town and can't remember the injuries being as bad as this, maybe they were though it was back in January I started the save. My point being have the injuries on the game been tweaked in the 11.3 patch? Also I haven't had this problem with big clubs, only LL clubs.

I'm playing as Tamworth in the BSN, and can honestly say I rarely have injuries, a tip for you is to rest your key players, play them only once a week whenever possible, it always works for me. :)

Thanks, but I already have. From OP:

"I have actually got quite a big squad for a LL team as well, so players aren't playing game after game."

Thanks, but I already have. From OP:

"I have actually got quite a big squad for a LL team as well, so players aren't playing game after game."

Ok, fair enough, didn't see that. I can't explain it then. I can only tell you that I don't suffer from a huge amount of injuries. I wonder if it's to do with you being in the south and me in the north ;)

Archived