Problems of Football Manager

I really hope the new FM jus scraps out this stupid crash dumps, so annoying! What I wanted to know was does having your internet on have a part to play in the random crashes of your game? Because I have done nearly every other solution and the same crash dumps keep happening.

Anyone with advice please feel free to comment, will playing without internet stop these crash dumps?

I've always thought crashes occured because your computer/laptop couldn't handle the game? I'm no computer expert and I'm probably wrong. I've only had three crashes on FM11 and that was because I kept ctrl, alt and deleting to view the forums. I had a few on the demo and that was caused from the 3D match mode as my laptop can't handle it. My laptop can handle loads of leagues though which is better for me. When FM11 properly came out I went back to commentary.

But my limit goes into the red when I reach 78,000 players but I always go to around 73,000 players and I still get these annoying crash dumps. Commentary takes out the fun of the game fore me so I don't really favour that.

@tom tuck what laptop do you have and how many leagues you have in your database?

Any other tips will be useful :)

first off i would say no having your internet on wont cause the crash dumps as i have tried both and still got them, and to the last post my computer is way over the specs for the game but i still got crash dumps for a good 5-6 months after the game was released

I've always thought crashes occured because your computer/laptop couldn't handle the game? I'm no computer expert and I'm probably wrong. I've only had three crashes on FM11 and that was because I kept ctrl, alt and deleting to view the forums. I had a few on the demo and that was caused from the 3D match mode as my laptop can't handle it. My laptop can handle loads of leagues though which is better for me. When FM11 properly came out I went back to commentary.

Why didn't you just press the Windows key?

I've had 3 crash-dumps with FM11. The first was 11.1.1 and I've since played the save for almost 4 and half seasons before the second crash-dump. I then started a new save to test a tactic I'd been working on, and that also crash-dumped. But neither of the latter were SI's or FM's fault, they were down to a number of corrupted system files that I've since repaired and the game is running fine :) I knew that there was some corruption, I was just lazy and kept putting it off... it causing the crash-dumps made me fix it :lol:

Someone i know from another FM-sit has a problem, i hope someone off you can help him/us.

He cant open Football Manager 2011 through Steam. Where just stand: Preparing start of Football Manager and nothing gonna hapend.

He haved tried this:

Open steam.

Go to Library.

Click on your game once.

Right click on it

Click on Properties

Click on the "Local Files" tab

Click on "Verify Integrity of Game Cache...

But nothing helps.

Can someone please help?

There is no evidence that having the internet on will cause a crash, but there is no reason to be connected to play FM so by all means try that. From experience, crashes are usually caused either by coding errors, which have been addressed in the patches, loading/running too many leagues or using a database larger than recommended, incorrect use of the editor or FMRTE,computer systems that are below min spec for the game, computer systems that are not updated, system conflicts with other software, especially antivirus or cleaner applications

Someone i know from another FM-sit has a problem, i hope someone off you can help him/us.

He cant open Football Manager 2011 through Steam. Where just stand: Preparing start of Football Manager and nothing gonna hapend.

He haved tried this:

Open steam.

Go to Library.

Click on your game once.

Right click on it

Click on Properties

Click on the "Local Files" tab

Click on "Verify Integrity of Game Cache...

But nothing helps.

Can someone please help?

i had that aswell for some time and kept repeating those steps and restarting steam over and over till it work

There is no evidence that having the internet on will cause a crash, but there is no reason to be connected to play FM so by all means try that. From experience, crashes are usually caused either by coding errors, which have been addressed in the patches, loading/running too many leagues or using a database larger than recommended, incorrect use of the editor or FMRTE,computer systems that are below min spec for the game, computer systems that are not updated, system conflicts with other software, especially antivirus or cleaner applications
#

hi frazT, was there any reason why their were so many crash dumps when fm 11 was first released

#

hi frazT, was there any reason why their were so many crash dumps when fm 11 was first released

Because an astonishing number of players didnt read the min specs, or didnt update their graphics cards or tried to play the game without looking at the recommemded set up, or didnt read the FAQ thread etc. I am not saying that there werent some issues with the game code, but they were far outweighed by the issues I mentioned in my first post.

@fraz t what would you reccomend the amount of leagues you should chose? My computer has a 5.0 rating and 3GB ram and the limit for the amount of leagues I choose goes in the red when the player count reaches 78,000. What would you reccomend I do and do you reckon updating your anti-virus to something more effective will help?

My computer is more than capable of handling FM and I had my first ever crash dump a couple of weeks ago. Needless to say, I was frustrated. However, I uploaded my game following the instructions in the Bugs Forum and SI fixed it for me. Took them about three days to get round to it, which I don't mind given that they have certain priorities at this time of year.

@fraz t what would you reccomend the amount of leagues you should chose? My computer has a 5.0 rating and 3GB ram and the limit for the amount of leagues I choose goes in the red when the player count reaches 78,000. What would you reccomend I do and do you reckon updating your anti-virus to something more effective will help?

Personally, I never get close to the red margins in deciding database size but I do stick to the number of leagues the game recommends ( although I take off the lower divisions of those leagues). As far as your AV is concerned, you dont have to cahnge it, but I would suggest that you add FM to the list of exceptions, if the application is screening your computer in real time and be careful when running any computer cleaning programme. If you are still having issues, open a thread in the PC Support forum, after reading the forum header, and I will have a look for you.

I think that most things are covered by FrazT here. Avoid FMRTE experimentation, CCleaner while FM is up, AntiVirus scans and too many leagues. In my experience anything Windows does automatically is to be shunned in any case. I hate automatic!

I lost a 10-season save because of FMRTE editing I suppose. Probably a database conflict. It crash dumps every time I access the attribute training screen of a player. There is one question I have to FrazT while I'm here, though:

I signed a M R only player and retrained him to AM R. He became natural in 3 years or so, and after one year still training that natural position I took him off. A day later and he was just Accomplished again. I then opened up FMRTE and gave him 20 Adaptability, 20 Versatility, 20 in Right side and 20 in AMR, saved and left. He was now Natural again. The next day... Accomplished!

I am at a loss on how that is possible?

I think that most things are covered by FrazT here. Avoid FMRTE experimentation, CCleaner while FM is up, AntiVirus scans and too many leagues. In my experience anything Windows does automatically is to be shunned in any case. I hate automatic!

I lost a 10-season save because of FMRTE editing I suppose. Probably a database conflict. It crash dumps every time I access the attribute training screen of a player. There is one question I have to FrazT while I'm here, though:

I signed a M R only player and retrained him to AM R. He became natural in 3 years or so, and after one year still training that natural position I took him off. A day later and he was just Accomplished again. I then opened up FMRTE and gave him 20 Adaptability, 20 Versatility, 20 in Right side and 20 in AMR, saved and left. He was now Natural again. The next day... Accomplished!

I am at a loss on how that is possible?

Adjusting attributes will not work unless you adjust the CA/PA as well- the attributes will readjust to match the CA as soon as you refresh the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks!

I have problem iwith the youth academy and with the youth system. I'am playing with the hungarian team Pecsi Mecsek Fc (Pecs in short). My team is one of the best in the world, it's the 10. in Europe. I've won the European League once, and had a lost final at the CL, against Barcelona. We have plenty of money, so life could be wonderfull... but..

I looked into my save game, with the genie scout, and found out that, my academy is 1 out of 20, and the youth system is only 9 out of 20. How can I upgrade these two things???

In the board menu, these options unavaible, so I can not upgrade them.

Adjusting attributes will not work unless you adjust the CA/PA as well- the attributes will readjust to match the CA as soon as you refresh the game.

I tried to not look at his CA/PA, so I can only say that he has half a star left before reaching his PA. Would it work if I swapped his MR and AMR ratings?

Archived