Has anyone ever seen this in the first season?

chob

Seen it happen twice in a looot of seasons play. strangely it appears more common when you arent playing in the prem. I realise thats a bit of a bold statement considering I have only seen it twice, but both times I was playing championship and below, and all the time I have played in the prem they have never been lower than top half.

lol he is taking the screenshots now. thats why they are 3 days apart. he went to the last season table, took the screenshot, obviously progressed a few days then took another of their squad now when it was requested ;)

Don't feel bad, initially when it was bought up I took a minute or two to figure out what was going on as well lol

yes, i know that, but the calender does not change when you view previous league positions, im gonna leave and forget I ever looked at this thread xD

Edit: I see you have noticed what's happening now so ignore my previous comment. Sorry.

sadly not :( both times i have seen it, its been man city and the first season when I've been LLM. And it was a while ago so no screenies. Seen a few times big teams finishing lower down and once stoke won the league in the first season while man utd finished about 16th. I can't back these claims up with screenies so they never happened I guess :D

This happens simply due to the Morale reality that is implemented in this version of FM. Once a team hits poorer morale then results just get worse and worse, generally AI managers don't seem to have the ability to turn things around - even the new managers that take over the team. Best example I can think about is Leicester (media prediction 3rd), Sven GE seems to always buy overpriced players with some good stats but seems to like/prefer slow players. Usually he ends up sacked quite quickly, in the game I clearly remember Gareth Southgate took over (young and talented manager) and didn't win for over 25 matches in a row - even loosing 2-0 home to abysmal Crystal Palace that hadn't won for ages and was sitting comfortably last - despite dominating the match stats in a large portion of games. Christian Zeige finally took over and everything carried on exactly as described above and of course resulted in getting relegated...

I've started a few games now and holidayed through to the summer and villa keep on being towards the lower end, 15th-20th, but also just hang on yet houllier isn't in danger of losing his job, he is down as stable on the job security list.

Aston Villla struggle most saves I've played as well, the reason I think is because they have a potential syndrome that will doom most teams in a similar situation. If AV have a couple of injuries, not necessarily long term injuries but hits a few key players, in the first part of the season and morale goes bad due to a couple of loses - that combined with the general slow pace in the team is a potential doomsday cocktail...

Archived