Player valuations

Hi

I'm an experienced FMH player but one thing has always puzzled me.

When looking at player stats, I find some players with huge valuations (£10m+) who have far worse stats than those valued at, say 500k.

A couple of examples are David Koch, who I signed on a Bosman, a 20yo DLC now valued at £1.9m.

He has 18 heading, 15 decisions, 16 positioning, 17 teamwork, 16 strength. His tackling is 12, pace 13. His only 'red' attributes are aggression and leadership, both 9. My coach says he is decent back-up, but his potential ability is only 2 stars.

I look at the england national team for example and glenn johnson and kieran gibbs, the right and left backs, both valued around the £7m mark. They only have comparable stats, are aged around 28/29, yet valued 4 times higher?

I know that a lot of factors go into a player's valuation, but surely a player with good defensive stats, aged 20, on a long-term contract should be worth more than 1.9m and have a potential ability of more than 2 stars?

I like scouting and coach reports in FMH but they do need some work. There's too much use of the word decent. Also your scouts keep claiming that perfectly good back up players are not good enough for your squad. That's because they're always compared to your best player in the same position as their best position. Once you've signed them though, your coach says they're good backups. I'd prefer the players being assessed on how good they are for your team's division like in the PC game.

Archived