Sorting by position now places right sided positions ahead of left sided ones

I'm hoping someone can help me fix a minor info display problem, since it is driving me nuts.

My selection screen in FM has always put left sided positions ahead of right sided ones when sorted by "PKD". For example, I would see this for my back 5:

GK

DL

DCL

DCR

DR

Instead, the right sided positions are now getting listed first:

GK

DR

DCR

DCL

DL

Although this is only a minor thing, it is driving me crazy since I am used to thinking left-to-right for my formations. Every time I sort by PKD, it now lists the right sided positions first.

Can anyone tell me how to change this back to the left-side-listed-first behaviour? :)

It's a problem with moving players around on the formation screen. It's sometimes difficult to pick up that this has happened until you've already made all your changes and tweaks. The motivation or rating drop-down in the match screen will also show an 'odd' order. It happens less in FM11 but still occurs.

The only way I've found to solve this is to create a basic tactic using the TC in a formation that most suits how you want to see them. Then be careful how you move the shirts around in the formation screen and make your tweaks to sliders (or whatever) to make your tactic.

If you then want to alter formation it's often a good idea to move the players from your original tactic so that they will maintain their 'list' positions.

I'll add that very occasionally FM will still alter the order anyway although I've only noticed this is the drop-downs during the matches and it's never been an illogical or annoying problem (as you are facing).

Sometimes you'll see it with the opposition when selecting OI's (the DR/MR swap for example, or sometimes an MC/ST swap).

I can't count how many times I picked a left-back for DCR because FM changed it from this order DR-DL-DCR-DCL to this order DR-DCR-DCL-DL between FM10 and FM11.

I can't remember FM ever having started with the left back, sorry.

This :thup:

very annoying. I wish they would change it back. No need to change it. I bet that was on the list as one of the "800 new features" or whatever it was for last year. Pointless :mad:

I've never seen my right sided players listed first before this problem manifested; my left sided players have always been first. Really weird that some people are reporting the reverse!

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I guess I'll have to fiddle with creating a tactic and try and undo the "damage".

I can't count how many times I picked a left-back for DCR because FM changed it from this order DR-DL-DCR-DCL to this order DR-DCR-DCL-DL between FM10 and FM11.

I can't remember FM ever having started with the left back, sorry.

Same here drives me nuts.

Archived