I'm thinking about getting a new computer, will this be good enough?

Will this computer be good enough to run FM11, and FM12, 13, 14 etc. ?

Samsung - Laptop / Intel® Core™ i3 Processor / 15.6" Display / 4GB Memory / 640GB Hard Drive

Model: RV520-W01US| SKU: 2775225

Customer Reviews: 3.7 Read reviews (34)

Shipping: Usually leaves our warehouse in 1 business day

Estimate Arrival Time ›

Store Pickup: Check Stores ›

Special Offers:

•Save $40-$60 on Select Printers: See How

•$20 Off Microsoft Office 2010: See How

•Free 8x8 Photo Book: Find Out How

•1-Year Tech Support for $99.99: See How

•Free 8x8 Photo Book: Find Out How

•1-Year Antivirus for $19.99: See How

Financing Offers:

•18 Month Financing

Our Price:$499.99

Add to Wish Lists Protect Your Product

2-Year Protection Plan

$119.992-Year Accidental

Protection Plan

$219.99Buy Back Program

Calculate Value

2-Year Buy Back Plan

$49.98Overview Specifications Customer Reviews Editorial Reviews Accessories Customer Reviews 3.7 Rating Snapshot 34 reviews5 stars 174 stars 63 stars 12 stars 41 star 6

Value for Price 3.5 Display 4.0 Performance 3.6 Convenience 3.6

65% of customers would recommend this product to a friend (22 out of 34 )

Read reviews (34) Write a review Share This Product

This laptop features a dual-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW drive for creating customized CDs and DVDs and a webcam for video chatting with family and friends. The spacious 640GB hard drive allows you to store important documents, special photos and more.•Windows 7 Home Premium installed

Learn more.

•Intel® 4G WiMAX chipset built in for Internet access to go at next-generation mobile broadband speeds. Learn more about WiMAX.

Wireless service plan required; sold separately. WiMAX service not available in all areas.

•Learn more about Intel® processors.

Information provided by Intel.

•Learn more about Intel® Wireless Display.

What's Included

•Samsung Laptop / Intel® Core™ i3 Processor / 15.6" Display / 4GB Memory / 640GB Hard Drive

•6-cell lithium-ion battery

•Owner's manual

Product Features

•Intel® Core™ i3-2310M processor

Features a 2.1GHz processor speed.

•Intel® Core™ i3 processor

Features smart 4-way processing performance for HD quality computing. Intel® HD graphics provide extra graphics power for your laptop when you need it.

•4GB DDR3 memory

For multitasking power.

•Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support

Records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL or DVD-R DL media.

•15.6" LED-backlit high-definition display

With 1366 x 768 resolution showcases movies and games in stunning clarity.

•Intel® Wireless Display

Wirelessly transmits streamed or downloaded movies, TV shows, music, photos and more from your laptop, network or the Internet to your TV (NETGEAR Push2TV adapter required, not included).

•640GB hard drive (5400 rpm)

Offers spacious storage and fast read/write times. BIOS/HDD password helps keep your information safe.

•Intel® HD Graphics

For lush images.

•Built-in webcam

Makes it easy to video chat with family and friends.

•Media card reader

Supports Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity, SDXC and MultiMediaCard formats.

•3 high-speed USB 2.0 ports

For fast digital video, audio and data transfer.

•Built-in wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n)

Connect to the Internet without wires.

•Embedded 4G WiMAX mobile broadband technology

Gives you an ultrafast mobile Internet connection. (Wireless service contract required; sold separately. Check with carrier for coverage area and availability in your area.)

•Gigabit Ethernet LAN

With RJ-45 connector for an easy wired Web connection.

•Weighs 5.3 lbs. and measures just 1.4" thin

For easy portability.

•Long battery life

Of up to 5 hours and 36 minutes to give you more time away from an outlet.

•Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit operating system preinstalled

Provides a stable platform for word processing, Web navigation, gaming, media storage and more.

•Intel, Pentium, Celeron, Centrino, Core, Viiv, Intel Inside and the Intel Inside logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.

I'm looking to get a computer for a reasonable price, but I obviously want something that FM can run on.

The laptop seems ok for entry level but certainly isn't a gaming laptop (not that it needs to be for FM).

As above my biggest concern would be that it seems to not have any dedicated graphics card just integrated Intel graphics.

Should run the game but would be unsure how well 3D would stand up.

It has Windows 64 Bit and only 4 gb RAM (Memory)

I'd see if you can up to at least 6gb RAM (Memory)

Windows 32 Bit can only register up to 4GB of RAM - but it also only uses 1gb RAM to run Windows.

However, with Windows 64 Bit it requires 2GB of RAM to run Windows (at least efficiently). Leaving just 2 GB RAM for other use.

RAM (Memory) is important if you're multitasking. Say, playing music in iTunes, surfing the net, using word processors, printing, etc.

The more RAM you have the BETTER the computer can multitask.

i3 again are bottom of the range of i-processors - but they're sufficient to run Football Manager.

As long as it is a Sandy Bridge processor, it shouldn't have too many issues running 3D without a dedicated graphics card, even if it is an i3. The Intel HD 2000 and 3000 give close to budget dedicated graphics card performance nowadays - without the price of having to buy a dedicated graphics card!

The question is whether you only ever want to use the laptop to run FM - not always the case - which is where the dedicated graphics card comes in.

If you are getting integrated graphics, make sure it is the HD 3000 rather than HD 2000, which is much better.

HD 3000 review: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-3000.37948.0.html

HD 2000 review: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-2000-100.37994.0.html

tl;dr: The HD 3000 gives performance on par with the Radeon 5450M and can run FIFA 11 on medium comfortably with a reasonable specification.

It has Windows 64 Bit and only 4 gb RAM (Memory)

I'd see if you can up to at least 6gb RAM (Memory)

Windows 32 Bit can only register up to 4GB of RAM - but it also only uses 1gb RAM to run Windows.

However, with Windows 64 Bit it requires 2GB of RAM to run Windows (at least efficiently). Leaving just 2 GB RAM for other use.

RAM (Memory) is important if you're multitasking. Say, playing music in iTunes, surfing the net, using word processors, printing, etc.

The more RAM you have the BETTER the computer can multitask.

i3 again are bottom of the range of i-processors - but they're sufficient to run Football Manager.

4 GB is more than enough to run Windows plus Football Manager. You'll see only a marginal benefit from increased RAM to 6 GB or 8 GB, unless there is heavy multi-tasking (in which case that processor becomes a dubious choice).

Windows 7 alone has a memory footprint of around 1 GB. 1 GB for Windows, 2 GB for Football Manager, and 1 GB for others plus caching is sufficient.

agreed that 4gb ram is enough, tbh the main things are the dedicated graphics and the processor, shop around and you will be able to find better laptops.... and if you don't understand what makes a good processor then use cpu benchmark and it shows the scores of respective processors, ideally you want to be above 3000/4000.

Archived