Few Questions regarding Youngsters and Training

1. I am Man United and I tried sending two youth players on loan by offering them to clubs but it doesn't allow me to loan them. Why?

2. What ways can I help boost a players attribute growth? Training. Tutoring. Playing matches. (whether that's for the club or on loan) I know those three, but how important is each of those and is there other ways?

3. Difference between offer to clubs and set transfer status?

1. If they have Yth Contracts they can't be loaned out

2 A mixture of all. Loaning Youth out try to make sure they have aroung 14 for Determination

3 If you set a players transfer status to Transfer listed you can offer him to clubs to let them know he is listed i.e. speeds up sale but not guaranteed sale

1. I assume they have youth contracts, meaning you can't sell them or loan them out, they need to be 17 and have professional contracts.

2. They're all important, although technically training only assigns CA points which have already been gained through matches. Tutoring increases hidden attributes and determination. Matches are probably the best way of improving a player, as long as they're at the players level. For example a player on the verge of breaking into your team won't get much benefit if he's playing L2 football, while if a player is chucked in at the deep end too early he'll probably struggle.

3. Offering them to clubs involves letting every club know of the players availability, which in practice means clubs will offer very soon after you offer them out. Transfer listing them means teams may offer for the player at some point down the line. In theory you can get more money by transfer listing them than trying to get a quick sale.

3. If you transfer list a 5m player for 10 mill, maybe in a while a club will offer you 9 and you can negotiate to 10. Or maybe they offer you 10 over 48 months and you can negotiate to everything up front. In short, you can negotiate.

If you offer that player to clubs for 10 they will often bid 5 and you can't negotiate. But it will happen right away.

Sometimes they do sometimes they don't, there's an element of randomness. Also players can improve say 0.3 in a particular attribute, but you won't see any increase because only integers are shown. By the end of his loan spell his attributes will have increased as long as he keeps getting games and performs fairly well.

Can anyone answer these?

1. If I choose a player to be tutored, and then send the tutored player out on loan, what happens? Do they unoffically stop being tutored? Will they continue being tutored upon return?

2. How do I stop a player being tutored?

3. Is there anywhere I can get an overview of who's attributes have increased? Obviously I could go through every 1st Team, Reserve Player and under 18s player and check their recently improved attributes, but is there anywhere I can go to see who has improved as an overview?

4. When you go to 'attributes' and click recently imroved attributes, obviously this doesn't give a complete view of information on how the attributes have changed over a long period, just over a short period. Is it possible to view a screen showing their entire attribute growing history?

What league are Oldham in? And what level does your assistant say King is playing at? E.g Mike Phelan reckons that Joshua King would make a good League 1 player

He also performed fairly poorly which won't have helped him, and players who 'haven't had a game' have probably been playing reserve team/u-18 football, and enjoying the benefits of better coaches+training facilities.

joshua king just returned from oldham after 6 months, played 19 games as a midfielder, scored 3 goals, got average rating of 6.7 and hasn't goen up in a single stat, yet players who weren't on loan, who haven't had a game have went up. :S

Your youngsters will develop better if they have better personalities. First tutor them with the most professional players you have, ( hopefully the tutors have high determination also) then loan them out if not good enough to rotate in your first team, but always choose a club who offer first team football and set 'can be recalled' in the loan contract in case he ends up hardly playing.

Successful first team football will often bring about the greatest growth.

As for Jo king, 19 games in 6 months is good but his rating of 6.7 isn't, check his personality and determination and when next loaning him out be careful to choose a level where he can make an impact. ( as he has just returned you could yet see an improvement in his attributes)

King is a striker right? Playing in the midfield would perhaps be of no use to him.

I have found that 7.0 or above is the desired av.r if the player is going to develop well. I also seem to remember that King's mental attributes are fairly poor. You need to have finished tutoring your youngsters before sending them on loan. They need to have good Professionality, Ambition, Pressure handling, Consistency and not the least Determination 14+ in order to play consistently well for their new team.

Also, the club you're loaning him out to would need to have good training facilities, good coaches and most importantly a good manager if you have real hopes for your youngsters.

I have found that the best thing is to keep giving them 1st XI appearances in your own team against weaker opposition, and while waiting for those opportunities just let them play for the youth team using your tactic and thus playing to an av.r of 7.50+, as well as training with your excellent coaches at excellent facilities.

I have a question on Tutoring... I'm managing Barcelona and I'm tutoring players in my U19's. Can I move them to Atletico without it affecting their tutoring? I ask because I asked a player at Atletico to tutor a younger player there and the conversation went as per, he had the PR icon but not a reason why and there is no [tut] or [lrn] icons on the players either.. I don't want to cancel the tutelage of the U19's so if moving them to the b team will then I'll leave them where they are for now.

I have a question on Tutoring... I'm managing Barcelona and I'm tutoring players in my U19's. Can I move them to Atletico without it affecting their tutoring? I ask because I asked a player at Atletico to tutor a younger player there and the conversation went as per, he had the PR icon but not a reason why and there is no [tut] or [lrn] icons on the players either.. I don't want to cancel the tutelage of the U19's so if moving them to the b team will then I'll leave them where they are for now.

In my experience, moving players to the B-team in Spain removes any tutoring, PPM-learning and special training.

Archived