Biggest away win in the Premiership

Hi guys,

Im not a big poster here although I read lots as im on almost everyday.

Anyway...

I feel I had to post as I just played the best game of my Villa career. Im pretty cack at the game even though ive bought every game since CM98/99

My best save in all that time was winning the spanish league 9 in a row with barca. I know I know it barca but it took me a few years to win the 1st one but it was mostly with players I bought. My then girlfriends sister's son destroyed my life by deleting the game... Im getting distracted,

I am Villa manager. I find it difficult to be anyone else. It feels like im cheating on them if I play as someone else in the premiership. Is that sad?

I started a new save with the transfer updates & no budget in the 1st window. one last shot before FM 12. 5 games in & I had W2 D2 L1, not bad. Scored 10 Conceded 9. Stoke next away...

I thought it would be tough what with all the new signings & all, how wrong I was!!

9 - 0!

Bent 5 :applause:

Gabby 2

Jenas 1

Delph 1

Team: Given, Hutton, Cuellar, Clarke, Warnock, Jenas, Delph, Petrov,Nzogbia,Gabby & Bent.

Subs Albrighton for Jenas, Bannon for Delph & Ireland for Petrov.

My whole team had +8 Y& Bent the perfect 10

I then had 9 players in the team of the week! Only Robinson GK & Rooney got in instead of Given & Petrov.

Im over the moon & told my wife who in typical fashion said she didnt care & promply went to bed! :lol:

Anyway, thats it.

Please let me know what your biggest away win has been.

Thanks for reading:)

Haha nice post, and Congrats btw. i just got back to the forums today actually. So your gf sisters son deleted your 9 time Barca championship side and you said "That's a deal breaker. Were done." lol, prolly not then and there but funny story.

well being from the U.S. I don't consider myself a 'hardcore' Villa fan but, I do like them and try to follow them. So with that said I don't think it's sad that you always pick them. In fact i think the word is loyalty...or smart. I remember cheering watching Villa score 3 goals before halftime only to get to the locker room and find out that i was managing Fulham in this save. :p

but to answer the real question it was 9-0 against Man Utd..and yes at Old Trafford. I was Man City in FM08, the year was 2020. I was shocked, i mean we were a good side and yes Utd wasn't what they once were..but they were still in the top flight at the time. Poor old man Rooney just couldn't bike kick his team to 3 pts anymore.

All right this is might not be the "gospel" truth but I think this was the side i used

Lloris(gk), Bejier(rb), Richards(cb), Mesa(cb), Marcelo(lb), Watts(rw), Dank'v(mc), Bianchi(mc), Rose(lw), Matteo(st), Raggi(st)

subs: Rowe(lw), Crosby(mc), Chamberlin(st)

Its weird how i can remeber that yet something my girl tells me just yesterday and i forget

Its weird how i can remeber that yet something my girl tells me just yesterday and i forget

It's called priorities my good man, obviously yours are in order.

In answer to the op, I don't think I've ever won more than 5-0 in any away match in all the time I've been playing CM/FM, in fact I'm pretty sure 8-2 is my highest home win. So clearly I suck...

Nice on Phillip, I'm the same has you find it hard going anyone apart from villa even since 2000/01 CM and boy they hard times. I see you have the updated transfers.

I would say my biggest away win but my best was against arsenal, I totally ripped them apart in the first half 3-0 Dunne, Bent, A. Young I was bouncing but I must have said the wrong thing at half time becuase 20 minutes into the half.

Van Persie decided to wake up 2 goals in 2 minutes, 3-2 I'm bricking it now decided wether to go out all defensive and hopefully defend my deminishing lead or stick to my guns and not change formation, whilst debating Walcott slots in the equaliser 70 minutes gone 3-3.

I decided stick to my guns I have faith in my players, there were chances gallore for both of us has we were trying to get a winner 90 minutes ticked closer with Szczesny pulling off some great saves.

92 min Vermaelen brings down Gabby in the box Vermaelen gets a red and Bent slotted home the Pen for his Second 4-3 victors, was back to bouncing.

In my Liverpool save I've notched up a couple of 8-0 away wins in the Prem, and last season got a 9-0 away at Club Brugge in the CL Group Stage, with my star striker bagging 6 goals and a 10 rating. I followed this up by beating them 12-1 in the return game, same striker getting 4 goals and 4 assists, and again a 10 rating.

Some great replies here. Just an update & to say im mad is an understatment!

So after my big win I was playing Svens boys in the Carling Cup. Im playing with my 2nd string with a few 1st teamers, Won 2-0. Happy with that, then... I get up to make a coffee & the lead comes out of the laptop, I dont have the battery in it as its not long back from the repair shop & I put it away so I wouldnt loose it & now cant find it!! anyway, I lost the game as I hadnt saved after stoke game! Rookie mistake by me! I was in shock & angry at myself. I stopped playing.

So I go back on it tonight & play Stoke again same team tactics &......................0-0!! great, then my laptop freezes & no it says there is an error on the save & I cant load it!! God does not want me to play this :( So Ive started again & im holidaying to the stoke game. I could load the save after I set it up. Ill see how things go but im so depressed about my big win gone. At least i can remember it, My biggest win...

In the Premier League, mine's a 9-0 too. First season with Blackburn, away to Wigan:

Wigan%20v%20Blackburn%20%28Information_%20Overview%29.png

Oh, and the own goal was one of those where the striker hits it towards goal but it takes a miniature deflection and would have gone in regardless, so I think Christián Benítez got cheated out of a fourth ;)

Archived