Too many goals

ok this is driving me insane now, SI really needs to tone down the goals in FM

striker has scored 29 goals and is only december, i tell u how bad it is i have to keep him benched now for most games apart from big ones and bring him on late just to fool the stats, sure my team is awesome but thats not the point, i just think its real over powered and needs nerfing

also i am scoring 10- 15 per season for my DC from corners with just player on each post and mixed setting (i think this should be more like 5-10)

PS - i dont use super formation, i use only preset roles not advanced setting

The game does get easy once you have 25 world-class players in your squad, because the AI never will build something like it.

The only thing you can do to make things more difficult is to take over a few clubs in your league and spend the £300m they have as unused transfer budget on quality players.

You can also make all the other managers in the league world class and give all the other clubs Sugar Daddy. This will take time, though - probably many seasons.

Other than that, you can only hope that FM12 will make things more challenging.

Lmao this is not a bragging post im managing Real Madrid how is it achievement to win the league when i spent 300m? im not telling u i won the prem with 10k from accrington stanley am i?

im simply stating that i wish SI to lower some things in the game which are way to strong, i mean i dont care if the guy is messi how can he score 29 goals in like 15 games?

this is not realistic and thats my issue, not to brag but so that SI can make the game better by nerfing some things, the only thing i care about is realism

even if im #1 manager of my generation and #1 team (eg irl barca) i should not see this fcked up stats

regarding other teams, Atletico is quality rival i only win the league by a few points and a lot of their players are on my shortlist (even tho cant sign for rival) and also Barca has a very strong team, trouble is all other teams arent at this standard

Come on - Real Madrid!!! How many goals did Messi and Ronaldo score last year irl in comparison to their appearances?

Playing as teams like Man City, Barcelona and Real Madrid is never going to be challenging is it as you will buy the very best players and then when your midfield cannot get any better they are going to create chances for your forwards and they will score a lot of goals. Outside of Barcelona, Real Madrid and one other team the Spanish League is not that strong so scoring should be easy.

It can be done irl as well ala Messi and Ronaldo (and they were not even playing as forwards!)

Yes a human controlled team is usually a lot better built a few seasons in and scoring is way too easy by then. Yes the fix is to make the AI better at building their teams, you shouldn't have to buy bad players and tweak your tactics to work worse to keep the balance in the game. It is however needed when you want to play a career game that last more than 10-15 seasons once the big names from the real world disappears from the playing field the AI seem to be at a loss. Unfortunatly I think that getting competitive AI is far in the future even if it will improve slightly with every release.

Yes a human controlled team is usually a lot better built a few seasons in and scoring is way too easy by then. Yes the fix is to make the AI better at building their teams, you shouldn't have to buy bad players and tweak your tactics to work worse to keep the balance in the game. It is however needed when you want to play a career game that last more than 10-15 seasons once the big names from the real world disappears from the playing field the AI seem to be at a loss. Unfortunatly I think that getting competitive AI is far in the future even if it will improve slightly with every release.

There are actually 2 things that really keep AI from being more competitive:

- PPM's: AI just can't handle those properly...It trains players with counter productive ones, like FB "run through the middle often"...I am around 10 years into save and every decent FB has "Get forward whenever is possible"(which is good but not on all of your FB's) or "dive into tackles". While human can adjust that those don't kill your defense, AI can't.Almost every striker has run into channels, and lot of midfielders to..

As the result all i have to do is sit back and then kill them by flanks.

- Head coach settings : AI will fire head coach that prefers 4-4-2 (example) and then hire coach that plays something completely different. That results in Club buying silly amount of players , to fit the tactics and leaving others to rot with high wages.

Not all coaches have that issue though, in my save Moyes built Everton side so nicely and balanced that is enjoyment to watch them, while some other coaches just pile up stupid amount of players that they don't need.

However when i left Bournemouth for Juventus after 8 years , team had every position filled with at least 3 young and quality players.Other coach just needed to come in and walk them through EPL easily, but Martin O'Neill came in and butchered whole team within 1 year.Sold good players(club had 200+ millions and was bellow wage limit when i left) and even played some kid that had only few double digit attributes.

It was terrible to watch how AI can be incompetent.

Agreed on the above! I'm 15 seasons in my game ands there really not much competition. It's so easy! It would be nice to see the AI build a team like Barcelona for a few seasons like be unbeatable . Looked in La Liga on my game and Real Madrid finished 7th even with some of the best players in the world in there squad ! And teams like Seville and at Madrid are winning the league with a old Kun aguero and Toni kroos in attack ! while Barcelona are struggling to even with an amazing group of players.

However when i left Bournemouth for Juventus after 8 years , team had every position filled with at least 3 young and quality players.Other coach just needed to come in and walk them through EPL easily, but Martin O'Neill came in and butchered whole team within 1 year.Sold good players(club had 200+ millions and was bellow wage limit when i left) and even played some kid that had only few double digit attributes.

Same happened with my Sampdoria team when I left it, not a total slaughter but enough to take them from a top 2 to a top 5 team. I'm about to abandon that save at the moment because I have gotten so far it is sad to watch what I'm up against. My players score for fun, average of 4+ goals/game even against the supposed top sides from around the world.

Same happened with my Sampdoria team when I left it, not a total slaughter but enough to take them from a top 2 to a top 5 team. I'm about to abandon that save at the moment because I have gotten so far it is sad to watch what I'm up against. My players score for fun, average of 4+ goals/game even against the supposed top sides from around the world.

It depends of manager, i got tired of watch him destroying the club so i created new manager to kick him out.They hired Moyes after i retired that "fake manager" and he was very stable since.

I understand that SI is trying to simulate as realistic as possible manager personalities, but some of those clearly don't fit with game engine limits.

As for to many goals that's result of all those "get forward whenever is possible" and "get into the channels" later in the game.I had situations when AI had 3 players lined up one behind another in channels trying to get in.It was funny to watch them bumping into each other.

There are actually 2 things that really keep AI from being more competitive:

- PPM's: AI just can't handle those properly...It trains players with counter productive ones, like FB "run through the middle often"...I am around 10 years into save and every decent FB has "Get forward whenever is possible"(which is good but not on all of your FB's) or "dive into tackles". While human can adjust that those don't kill your defense, AI can't.Almost every striker has run into channels, and lot of midfielders to..

As the result all i have to do is sit back and then kill them by flanks.

- Head coach settings : AI will fire head coach that prefers 4-4-2 (example) and then hire coach that plays something completely different. That results in Club buying silly amount of players , to fit the tactics and leaving others to rot with high wages.

Not all coaches have that issue though, in my save Moyes built Everton side so nicely and balanced that is enjoyment to watch them, while some other coaches just pile up stupid amount of players that they don't need.

This is why I never change clubs.

It's crazy, a newgen striker for Man Utd was scoring 45+ goals in the league every season, even 2nd / 3rd highest were getting 30+ goals consistently every season, also there is far too many goals from corners as well. I really hope it's fixed for FM12 it takes some of the fun out of it for me seeing ridiculous amounts of goals every season.

I love FM just things like these are annoying. Also having the top teams managing like +70, +80 GD per season because of this.

Ahh finally some people with the same issue who dont call me a bragger lol

Real problem i have regarding messi/ronaldo real life comparision is that these 2 players are miles above anyone else in world football yet they managed only 1 in 1 goal ratio, so if my player is best in the world (actually he is runner up in world footballer of year last 2 seasons) and my team is best in the world by a mile like barca irl i still should only expect him to get 1 in 1 and not 2 in 1 like currently

i understand that my brain is superior to the AI/cpu but still i think it should not be possible

also i dont agree the AI is as poor at building teams as u would suggest, currently Atletico, Barca, Inter, Parma(tycoon), Lazio, Juventus, Man Utd, Aston Villa, Everton, Man City all have squads comparable to mine, ok maybe not as good but they are no worse than say barca v inter in real world for example. Sure they might not be as well balanced or they might not be great at developing youth or maybe even they waste tons of money on 32 yr old, but in terms of quality they have players of a very high level

most of my issue comes after u take the big teams from the league (in my la liga this is only top 3) and look at the others, i havent really looked in any great detail but i think they arent that great tbh

PS - the player in question scored 165 goals in 194 games for Lazio managed by AI so clearly he is a class above (he cost me world record 89m) but i wish his record will be no better for me than for Lazio who are title contenders in Italy in my game

You are playing with Real Madrid to be fair, they have a very very strong team.

Strikers are going to get loads of chances in a team like Real Madrid.

Try using the preset settings with a team like you mentioned.. Accrington. Then if your striker has got 29 goals in 17 games, then come back and complain.

Unless your managing Rotherham, and have Adam Le Fondre up front. ;)

Thats the problem mate, i didnt do any major super tactic

im using 4-2-3-1 with roles :-

Gk - defend

centradl defender - defend

full back - support

ball winner - defend

DLP - support

winger - attack

att mid - attack

poacher attack

team settings -

philosiphy - balanced

strategy - attacking

passing - short

closing down - press more

for me the point of the game is to simulate real world football, i dont feel im achieving that with these results hence i would like the game to be made more realistic

for example i could use corner banger but i dont because i feel is cheating myself and is not realistic

i played FML for years and in this game we had all the best managers whos striker get 1 in 1 and was told its because we play weaker teams like prem v league 2 more regular etc, in the end they lower players attributes for the FML match engine to calculate better, tbh i think this is a problem across the whole of FM series...

Well tbh i started at Redditch in BSN and was there for 8 seasons before i managed to get a job in the football league, is long term save

currently am in year 2041 with Real Madrid

but anyways this is sounding more like im so called 'bragging' which is not the intention so i will just say look i put it out there, i think strikers at prem level and above need nerfing, up to SI if they change anything

I think I started my game with Boston UTD, but it seems like a flaw in the game if you can't play a long term save and actually accept joboffers from one of the bigger teams in the world unless you want to totally destroy the world balance. Of course I accept that when I take over a big team it will be easier, but that doesn't mean I accept that I win every game, domestic, european, world wide with 4-8 goals margain, with the exception of a couple slump draws/defeats. Sure if I was a tactical genious but playing the same tactic without a single tweak for 10 seasons there has to be something flawed.

Archived