Set-Piece Attributes. HELP me understand????

I ahve posted this in the Tactics & Training Section but it's a bit slow so hoping someone with an answer can reply on here if there is anyone with an answer.

After a recent experiment to find out if Determination and hidden mental attributes eat available PA which I found out they dont. I did find that the set-piece attributes i.e. long throws, corners, penalties etc. are linked to CA.

I think it shouldnt be the case because why training a full-back to take long throws hinder him achieving a better tackling rating for example.

I could be wrong and these attributes are linked to other attributes and PPMs do if someone could enlighten me on this area I would be much grateful

They have a very low weighting, so they take up the lowest amount of CA possible.

I think it shouldnt be the case because why training a full-back to take long throws hinder him achieving a better tackling rating for example.

This is a common misconception.

The player who improves at taking set pieces will make him a better player than an otherwise identical player who can't take set pieces. Consequently, he'll have a higher CA.

Well thats a better explanation than what I got from the Tactical and Training section just now. I was told it was becuse it takes time away from them learning other things, the example was frank lampard where we spends hours training to take penalties if he didn't he'd be a better passer or he could run with the ball better etc. Which is why I disagreed with that becuase Team and Individual Training is seperate.

But, I understand for the sake of the game recognising one player is better than another then it uses CA even if it is lowly weighted.

So thanks for this reply.

To be fair, your OP was different in T&T:

I recently carried out an experiement to find out if Determination, Proffesionalism and other Mental Attributes eat at the available PA which I found they don't but what I found was that Set-Piece attributes i.e. Free-Kicks, Penalty Taking, Long Throws etc. are related to CA.

Which, I think shouldn't be the case because if training a winger to take Free-Kicks for example eats at the available PA why should it make him become less of a passer or dribbler for example. This is my take on it I could be wrong by set-peices could be linked to other attributes and PPMs.

So if anyone has knowledge on this, I would be grateful for the input because I am always willing to learn new things.

I told you they did take up CA, and by increasing the amount of training in one category (in real life = more time) you must reduce the amount of training elsewhere (also real life = less time). I put it the way I did because I am still on FM10 and don't know how FM11 training works exactly.

In Fm it's the sliders that represent amount/time and their positions determines the amount/chance of CA gain being directed to the categories, and you can't just keep pushing them all up.

To be fair, your OP was different in T&T:

I told you they did take up CA, and by increasing the amount of training in one category (in real life = more time) you must reduce the amount of training elsewhere (also real life = less time). I put it the way I did because I am still on FM10 and don't know how FM11 training works exactly.

Unless, of course, you increase the overall workload.

In Fm it's the sliders that represent amount/time and their positions determines the amount/chance of CA gain being directed to the categories, and you can't just keep pushing them all up.

... though it is true as you say that you'll eventually hit the wall.

Archived