winning with kids

every time i win a big game in the news it says you can win with kids, my average age of the squad is 21 but all my players a pretty good and my captian phill jones is only 22 so will my team be inconsistent with such a young team or is it me as a manager making them inconstant

Are they performing inconsistantly at the moment? If they are I doubt it is due to their age. Assuming you meant 'can't win with kids', Alan Hansen!? I had major success in FM10 with squads of 21 and 22 years of age, so, unless some strange changes have been made in FM11, it must be possible.

That's the actual quote but the game uses a play on words when it does pay off.

im managing with Real and most of my team is wonderkids since i have a huge balance to snap them up, i get this message on lots of games, i think is just a quirky statement and has no bearing on the actual gameplay tho it does seem over used

in my experience age has no effect on team performance, generally i go with the old adage that if they are good enough they are old enough, more important than age is determination imo, if a player has high determination he will most likely perform on consistant level and not react irrationally (eg when team loses a few goals they wont collapse or if they go a few up they dont relax to much.

every time i win a big game in the news it says you can win with kids, my average age of the squad is 21 but all my players a pretty good and my captian phill jones is only 22 so will my team be inconsistent with such a young team or is it me as a manager making them inconstant

I have also received the same "winning with kids" news message

MichaelWDanielsNews_Inbox-25.png

I don't think average age comes into the equation - my teams average age was 25 years old. Hardly kids. The possible inclusion of a 17-year-old in the first XI and a 19-year-old on the bench might have had some inpact in deciding that my team was young and inexperienced.

PeterboroughUnitedPeterborough_Players-2.png

lol @ giving all your players nicknames, i only do this for some brazilians if their names are pants, normally check the full name and make something similar

like i had a guy called Bill and i didnt like it so i checked his real name and he was half brazilian/french player named Renan Roussou so i just called him Renan, if he adopts french nationality for senior i will add his surname :p

had another named Borges which i checked his name was Marcel Borges so i named him Marcelo, damn im sad :p

lol @ giving all your players nicknames, i only do this for some brazilians if their names are pants, normally check the full name and make something similar

like i had a guy called Bill and i didnt like it so i checked his real name and he was half brazilian/french player named Renan Roussou so i just called him Renan, if he adopts french nationality for senior i will add his surname :p

had another named Borges which i checked his name was Marcel Borges so i named him Marcelo, damn im sad :p

Helps to get to know them!! :) And by typing "/ \" into the search box, I can see everyone who has ever played under me - where are they now? Are they managing? Etc. All part of the fun...

Helps to get to know them!! :) And by typing "/ \" into the search box, I can see everyone who has ever played under me - where are they now? Are they managing? Etc. All part of the fun...

What a good idea never thought of doing that, now I am going to have to remember to nickname my players in my next long term save.

Archived