Increasing Youth Recruitment.

After 20 season in Wales, with the top division now the 14th most reputed competition in Europe, why is it still impossible to increase my clubs youth recruitment range? I have had success at a Champions League level - finishing 2nd in the group - and have managed to get to the last 16 round of Europa League. The clubs reputation is said to be similar to Bolton, Blackburn etc, so a top Champo/mid table Premier League club, yet my youth recruitment level is still greyed out so I cannot gain good re-gens, despite being able to bring in youth players from Brazil/Spain/Argentina etc with caps at all youth levels.

I was wondering how to go about increasing it? Is there something I missed or is it just a case of carrying on until it becomes available.

Thanks in advance.

I have no idea, but can guess :)

Maybe you need to increase the club stature a bit more (or just hang in). One good way to do this would be by increasing your profile in USA (an affiliated club and at least one game played there per year). You also need to at least win the Europa Leaugue (or FA Cup? if Welsh teams play in it) and get into a supercup type game. Club World Championships is the best maybe (this means winning CL).

I am assuming you mean that it is not available as a board request? First off, get as many training facility upgrades as possible as this will get your players physical condition at peak levels and increase player development amongst the crop you can harvevst. My club has just decided to build a new stadium and for the first time has a loan debt - I don't know if this affects board request options?

It's a bit silly really, it's far too restricted, and it really does have a huge effect on quality of players coming through. I was getting players who couldnt even play in the championship before I upped my youth recruitment to a decent level via board requests, now it's 15/20 and I sometimes even get two quality potentials per year (maybe not good enough for my team, but good enough to to be a star in a mid-table premier league club).

Cheers guys. I think it's just a question of keeping trying to improve reputation then and doing well in Europe. It's a bit frustrating as Welsh Premier League clubs start with the lowest reputation and the club is so far advanced the report always says "no one particular player stands out", as the standard of youth recruitment is so basic.

I have no idea, but can guess :)

Maybe you need to increase the club stature a bit more (or just hang in). One good way to do this would be by increasing your profile in USA (an affiliated club and at least one game played there per year). You also need to at least win the Europa Leaugue (or FA Cup? if Welsh teams play in it) and get into a supercup type game. Club World Championships is the best maybe (this means winning CL).

I am assuming you mean that it is not available as a board request? First off, get as many training facility upgrades as possible as this will get your players physical condition at peak levels and increase player development amongst the crop you can harvevst. My club has just decided to build a new stadium and for the first time has a loan debt - I don't know if this affects board request options?

I'll try and arrange a few friendlies abroad next year then, and hopefully that'll improve things. Winning the Champions League with a Welsh club is easier said than done!

I read somewhere on the forums that there is an importance rating for each nation meaning nations who class football as 'unimportant' can never improve the youth recruitment thus meaning they cant produce beyoned current level. Pretty sure u can check this with 3rd party software

Another thing is that Wales only has a low population so maybe their just isnt anyone else to scout at age levels below youth.

Archived