Club Affiliations Loans

My club have just announced a link with Liverpool which is primarily for me to get players on loan and for them to pinch my youngsters. I thought great, I have no money and can get some players on loan, which is the main aim of the link. Liverpool want money for all their players that I want to loan, apart from some useless player they want to give me for the announcement of our link. I thought the point of affiliations was to keep costs down, or am I missing the point?

He has a point though, i've started a few saves in the portuguese league managing a few teams with no money at all, in real life these teams are always, every year, full of players on loan from Benfica, Sporting and Porto, in the game i can't get anyone from those teams because they always ask for money that i do not have, even mediocre players, or 18 year old kids who should be playing.

Always paying 100% of their wages, doesn't help either.

Perhaps they feel they can get money for those players by loaning them to other clubs? They will use your club as a last resort to offload a few players who they can't loan anywhere else.

Yeah but that is never the case, even on loan deadline day they want a fee, they would rather let them rot in the reserves than get games. Also always my scouts tell me for a long term loan it will cost 120k, for example. OK I want him for 3 months, it's the same figure as a long term loan. So even if they still want to charge me, the fact we're linked as clubs for the sole reason of loaning players to each other, I should get a generous discount.

This is a right pain in the rear. Usually too the player(s) they send you, you probably don't need for that area of the team. It's just ridiculous having to pay your affiliated team a Loan Fee too.

Ideally any player on their loan list, you should be able to grab without paying extras. Hopefully this is something that changes, as it can often be useless if you are the feeder club.

Maybe adding communication between clubs would be good.

So at the start of the season they ask you to recommend the players/postions you want for the season, then they come back a week later and state whether you can or not. If not they provide the alternatives they want to send you.

Archived