FA Cup Final and Champions League Final on the same day??

This shouldn't happen, should it?

I've managed to make both finals with Man Utd in 2015, and I just received a message saying that the FA Cup Final has been moved to a Wednesday because it clashes with our Champions League fixture. Firstly, that goes against all the tradition of the FA Cup. It will always be on a Saturday. That's set in stone in English football. I also understand that the Champions League Final is always on a Saturday these days. That's fine. But, regardless of who reaches both finals, the two matches would never be scheduled for the same day.

It's so annoying that, time after time, you get stupid fixture mixups like this. Other examples include two matches in two days, and the ubiquitous international matches and league fixture clashes that has never fully gone away.

to be honest, i cant believe you are getting annoyed that the FA Cup date was changed. I know we all get immersed in the game but at the end of the game, its a game (and a 'game date') - who cares what day of the week a final is played on? at least the game had the AI to rearrange it.

ive never seen 2 games in 2 days though

It depends, doesn't it? I bet I'm not the only one who feels that immersion in the game is related to how realistic it is. I know it's only a game, but if I manage to guide a team to the FA Cup Final, I damn sure want to be playing on a Saturday!

Had the same problem in my Liverpool save. Had a world conquering team by then so just played my defense as usual with my best striker and rotated the midfield a bit. Then take key players off when your winning. Om sure your reserves by now are good enough to play in any team

well, each to their own. i have to say, i pay little or no attention to the day of the week in the game, as long as i have 3 days off between games im happy enough.

sounds like you are immersed to the max ha! im scared to think how many man hours you have lost to the game... :)

The cup final problem happened to me once, and I've also had to play 2 games in 2 days around the new year and not because of a fixture pile up. This was pretty annoying, but then it happened to every team in my division so I wasn't disadvantaged.

Yes it's annoying, but the fixture re-arrangements are a complicated process, and the game gets it right 99% of the time which is a pretty impressive effort.

Well last season both finals were played on the same day I believe so it does happen.

Years ago to if the two teams drew in the FA cup final then they would replay the match on a Wednesday, so they have kind of stuck to traditions by moving the fixture to a Wednesday although I do agree it should be played the following weekend.

Is there an international fixture the following weekend or playoffs as that might also explain why teh fixture cannot be moved to the following weekend?

Well last season both finals were played on the same day I believe so it does happen.

Years ago to if the two teams drew in the FA cup final then they would replay the match on a Wednesday, so they have kind of stuck to traditions by moving the fixture to a Wednesday although I do agree it should be played the following weekend.

Is there an international fixture the following weekend or playoffs as that might also explain why the fixture cannot be moved to the following weekend?

No they wasn't. The FA Cup Final was played 2/3 weeks before the Champions League final as they were both at Wembley

With a big club like Man Utd, the advantages of it being a computer game (you know what I mean) and a healthy wage budget you should really have two first choice teams and just rotate game on game or some other system. You will have enough games that all players remain happy enough. I play in salary capped leaugues now cause it's obviously harder to build a world class team on roughly 25K/week wage budget. Back in a previous version of the game I was with Inter dominating everything I literally had the players to fill two world class first teams save for perhaps 2 players (world class centreback and world class fullback).

I totally admit to getting bummed out by the international/league clashes though and think that is silly. In the game the African Cup of Nations is nought but an inconvenience compared to international/league clashes wheras in real life it is possibly the biggest inconvenience to a top filght manager (Sunderland without Gyan for a potentially long spell for example).

Archived