Wot new feature in Fm2009 would you like to see ????

wot features would you like to see in the upcoming fm title.

for me

a revamp of the trainging method,

ie,

go back to how it was were you get each day ,(mon,tue,wed, etc and select wot you train on each day, ie

monday morning - ball controll,passing,fitnes

Tuesday - Gym

wednesday - defending, heading,

etc

also have match day interviews,(ino we have it now) but better options, more to say then the same thing week in week out, have player interviews too were u carnt infulence wot the player says.

a revamp of the tactics menu too..

this for me is a big let down, u can only give limited settings, wot about

Players keep the ball (not hold the ball up and time wasting)

more controll over your wingers and fullbacks,

ie overlap,

strikers come deep to get that ball, theres all sorts that could be added.

get financial advice too,

ie

you control ticket prices, price of shirts and club merchandising, you control how many away fan you let into home games. more or less for cup games etc,

well theres some of mine now id like to here yours, ive got loads more but just carnt think at the mo....

thanks

Don't really agree with any of your ideas.. the training's okay enough for me as it is atm.

Tactical changes could be a good thing, definitely need a revamp of the slider system.

Financial advice sounds terrible dude. No manager has the authority to do that irl, so shouldn't be in the game.

As long as the transfer system, and the confidence issues are sorted out for FM09, I'll be fairly happy.

So much that needs fixed that means that id rather see fixes than new things added in game.

-Tactics

-Media interaction

-Team talks

-Transfer System.

Four areas that could do with an overhaul to improve the game without nessecarily adding any specific new features.

I would like to see kids go back to school and understand about punctuation and grammar. It would be like a breath of fresh air for the game.

Also, for the opening poster - have a look on ebay for Ultimate Soccer Manager as it will sort out many of your requests

training is unrealistic, how many mangers tell players to go and train attacking and defending, wot wrong with bringing back the more indepth approach strikers go and practice your 1 on 1s,

defenders go and practice your tackling, marking,

to keepers i want you to work on your arial ability

and at the same time midfielders practice your corners/crossing this way they can work together

just a thought

Originally posted by damo_boro:

well a manger as nothign to do with the actual signing of players.. he picks the players he wants

and the chairmen and the chief executive actually agree contract details with the player and agent,

Maybe so (not sure this is the way things are run for every single club) but the manager is still an integral part of the transfer process, whereas he'd have absolutely no say as to the prices of tickets whatsoever.

training is unrealistic, how many mangers tell players to go and train attacking and defending, wot wrong with bringing back the more indepth approach strikers go and practice your 1 on 1s,

and at the same time midfielders practice your corners/crossing this way they can work together

just a thought

The problem is we don’t all enjoy the depth of the training planning – I personally prefer the new system.

Maybe the best way of doing this is adding a more in-depth training module depending upon what type of manager you are – i.e. if you select to be a ‘Manager’ your role remains largely as it does now, with simplistic training regimes. If you select to be a ‘head coach’, you are more involved with training and get a more in-depth training module.

just a thought

Whats wrong with your idea is that setting up training is already boring and time consuming and you propose to vastly worsen the situation. IMO there is no real need for additional realism just for the sake of realism. Game play should come first.

I like the game as it is. IF - that is IF - the current features worked as intended.

Board confidence is a minor cosmetic inconvenience, but if it worked properly it would be an integral part of the game.

The transfer system needs making more plausible, and a few other tweaks.

THEN I think SI should start looking at adding features.

But when it comes to things like training, everyone will have their own opinion. I personally prefer the current method to the old one, which I found to be overly hands-on. Much prefer to let my coaches do that. One added feature that I would welcome would be for my ass man to set up a training schedule which I could tweak as necessary.

Originally posted by B. Stinson:

It's "what", not "wot"... learn some English.

It doesn't even save time saying 'wot' over what, because of where the keys are. Even if it was quicker though, why sacrifice a letter for the sake of a few milliseconds, and all pride and respect you have? icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by Hershie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by B. Stinson:

It doesn't even save time saying 'wot' over what, because of where the keys are. Even if it was quicker though, why sacrifice a letter for the sake of a few milliseconds, and all pride and respect you have? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've seen people write 'onli' or 'babi' instead of 'only' and 'baby'. Now that just defies logic.

Originally posted by goodzorr_avfc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hershie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by B. Stinson:

It doesn't even save time saying 'wot' over what, because of where the keys are. Even if it was quicker though, why sacrifice a letter for the sake of a few milliseconds, and all pride and respect you have? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've seen people write 'onli' or 'babi' instead of 'only' and 'baby'. Now that just defies logic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

L8tr.

Kool.

Tipe.

Doe. icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

Carnt.

Dawg.

icon_mad.gif I hate people.

Its probably been said before.

But how bout if you could decide what players can take free kicks from a load of different positions on the field. You might certain players taking free kicks from the left, right or centre. or u might want a certain player taking a free kick within 30 yards out

Originally posted by Hershie:

L8tr.

Kool.

Tipe.

Doe. icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

Carnt.

Dawg.

icon_mad.gif I hate people.

Later dosent need the t-- l8r will do eight gives the t

otherwiser you write mate like m8t when its obvioulsy m8..

But seriously whats the big deal its easy to read... i read that as fast as any other writing and it saves typing (or tipin) time

and writing what as wot thats so easy to read, i mean come on is it such a problem its easy to look past so we may aswell just say what new features we want..

by the way to the OP even though im standing up for you on this aspect tbh your ideas are pretty bad, and will end up causing more problems then solving like for the tactics idea thats likely to not work on the match engine untill 3 patches later, training is an ok idea but it will take to long and complicated and its the coaches who deal with that anyway.

c ya m8 lol

^^^^^^

if you cant understand it means see you later, mate icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Kassien:

Don't really agree with any of your ideas.. the training's okay enough for me as it is atm.

Tactical changes could be a good thing, definitely need a revamp of the slider system.

Financial advice sounds terrible dude. No manager has the authority to do that irl, so shouldn't be in the game.

As long as the transfer system, and the confidence issues are sorted out for FM09, I'll be fairly happy.

People who can spell and use CAPITAL LETTERS

It's easy to read in the odd case, but if the whole sentence/paragraph is as such, it's annoying.

Any use of such 'text talk' though just seems to make the writer appear uneducated, and can mean that a perfectly sensible point is deregarded because of the manner in which it's put forward.

Originally posted by daveyt_83:

Its probably been said before, but how about if you could decide what players can take free kicks from a load of different positions on the field. You might certain players taking free kicks from the left, right or centre, or you might want a certain player taking a free kick within 30 yards out

I agree, it annoys me that I have to have my great free kick taker who is good in the air take indirect free kicks. I'd rather my second best free kick taker took them and crossed them to my first choice. At the same time, the first taker should be taking direct ones.

Originally posted by SCIAG:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daveyt_83:

Its probably been said before, but how about if you could decide what players can take free kicks from a load of different positions on the field. You might certain players taking free kicks from the left, right or centre, or you might want a certain player taking a free kick within 30 yards out

Very much agree with this.

I agree, it annoys me that I have to have my great free kick taker who is good in the air take indirect free kicks. I'd rather my second best free kick taker took them and crossed them to my first choice. At the same time, the first taker should be taking direct ones. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

would anyone not like to see weekly training reports instead of monthly reports?

For example..Say player A (left winger) played at an 8 in the previous match but then failed to perform in trainin over the course of the next week then surely his place in the 1st team would be in doubt. And his form would be more likly to dip in the next match.

Player b(left winger) played a 6 in the match over a month ago but has performed well in training week in week out. This would suggest he could be in for an increase in form the next time he plays?.

I reckon this would create a lot more competion for first team places and make the game more realist instead of the monthly reports.

I would like more real competitions. Like local cups for reserves teams and things like that. (Manchester cup or Catalynian Cup). Also I'd like accurate competitions for youth teams.

Also I would like more info on teams that play in leagues that don't exist in the game. For example: If I play with Real Madrid. My B team (Castilla) will play in BBVA or Segunda B. But I also will have a C team and they do not have a league. For real I think they play in the third division (trejera) but that is not included in the game. What I want is to be given som info of how they are doing. Maybe some monthly update of their progress or something. It just feels weird that they are playing games (the players have stats for league games), but I will never know their results.

Originally posted by !.m.!:

But seriously whats the big deal its easy to read... i read that as fast as any other writing and it saves typing (or tipin) time

For one many people on the forums don't have English as their first language. English is a confusing enough language to learn without chavs making it almost unreadable with text speak.

And secondly it makes you look like a ****** who can't be bothered to type things properly. And if someone can't be bothered to type properly I can't be bothered to read what they've written.

I bloody hate text speak icon_mad.gif

being able to change the kits for away games and at the end of the season.

training is ok but needs a little more detail.

more player/media interaction.

A feature telling you which teams are available for friendlys.

there are many, many, many, many more

One thing I would like to see is in regards to making your own tactics. Im going to borrow an idea from an American Football game.

When you created a play for your offense to run, you were able to pick a defensive play and then let the play run. You could watch and see how it works and what doesnt work. Then you could go back and make changes and try it again.

This would be a big asset for me since I know nothing in regards to making tactics. This would be like seeing your guys practice the formation in training and get an idea what works and what doesnt.

Setting up a formation and seeing how it works against the defensive tandem of Ferdinand and Vidic would give you an idea if it would be good or not. Of course it wouldnt mean it would work against your opponent but I think it would add some enjoyment. I have always wanted to create my own tactics but having always have to rely on someone else's ideas.

Just something to work on in training I guess.

Archived