Some rules that seem to be overlooked in FM

I've noticed with a number of tournaments that there is no benefit to finishing top of your group.

In the CL, as Im sure most people know, the team that finishes top of the group does not end up facing any other team that finishes top of their group and gets a "favourable" draw against a 2nd placed team in the last 16.

Same thing with the Euros and the World Cup

I was wondering why I have never seen this happen in FM?

Yeah, this definitely is in the game. Group winners never play another group winner in the First Knockout Round. It just doesn't seem to tell you on the draw screen where each side finished.

One thing I did noticed is that you only get a Semi-Final draw in the Champions League once you get through the Quarter-Finals. But I always thought they did those two draws on the same day, so you know the two teams you have a chance of facing if you get through.

Yeah, this definitely is in the game. Group winners never play another group winner in the First Knockout Round. It just doesn't seem to tell you on the draw screen where each side finished.

One thing I did noticed is that you only get a Semi-Final draw in the Champions League once you get through the Quarter-Finals. But I always thought they did those two draws on the same day, so you know the two teams you have a chance of facing if you get through.

Actually this is done in the game, they do the QF draw and then follow it with the SF draw, same for the EURO Cup.

i see that when a player gets sent off they go and sit on the bench, are they meant to go down the tunnel and stay in the dressing room till the match is over?

They don't have to sit in the back when they get sent off in real life, there are many a times that the cameras are on the player that got sent off sitting on the bench, being sent to ten men means the team has to play with ten men, so longs as the person that has been sent off is off the pitch I think that's all that matters.

They don't have to sit in the back when they get sent off in real life, there are many a times that the cameras are on the player that got sent off sitting on the bench, being sent to ten men means the team has to play with ten men, so longs as the person that has been sent off is off the pitch I think that's all that matters.

They have to leave the vicinity of the pitch and the technical area.

They have to leave the vicinity of the pitch and the technical area.

Yep. I seem to remember the fourth official clearing a red carded player from the bench last year in the Premiership. Can't for the life of me remember what team that was though. Perhaps Blackpool?

Actually this is done in the game, they do the QF draw and then follow it with the SF draw, same for the EURO Cup.

I thought it was too. But then the other day I definitely didn't get a Semi-Final draw until the Quarters were played. Bug?

This isn't a rule that is overlooked but actually a response to a rule that is overlooked that I would like to see implemented in FM.

As most people may know a large number of German clubs have 'safe standing' at their grounds which cannot be used in UEFA competitions so rather than close of lareg sections of the ground they install temporary seating to comply with the all-seater regulations, unfortunately FM does not replicate this & in the case of clubs such as Borussia Dortmund who have rather large standing areas this means a substantial dip in matchday income.

Eidt: Actually one rule that does appear to be consistantly broken in FM is players having to leave the field of play after receiving medical treatment, it just never seems to be implemented correctly.

Actually one rule that does appear to be consistantly broken in FM is players having to leave the field of play after receiving medical treatment, it just never seems to be implemented correctly.

Additionally (if I'm not mistaken), a player that does go off for treatment IRL has to enter the field of play from the sideline, not the touchline, which frequently happens in FM.

Additionally (if I'm not mistaken), a player that does go off for treatment IRL has to enter the field of play from the sideline, not the touchline, which frequently happens in FM.

IIRC I've question this before & there is no metion of where the player must enter the field after the referee grants permission.

Archived