Is this really realistic?

I'm currently Reading in 2018, having won the premier league in the last season, and coming as runner up in the champions league. I won the champions league in the previous season.

My first choice left back and goalkeeper, who both played in pretty much every game last season, are subject to interest from Man Utd, who came 5th last season, and are therefore not in the champions league. However they both say they would find it hard to reject any offer that came in for them.

I mean this isnt a problem, as I wont sell them and they probably wont ask to go. But surely they would just reject the interest straight away?

I'm currently Reading in 2018, having won the premier league in the last season, and coming as runner up in the champions league. I won the champions league in the previous season.

My first choice left back and goalkeeper, who both played in pretty much every game last season, are subject to interest from Man Utd, who came 5th last season, and are therefore not in the champions league. However they both say they would find it hard to reject any offer that came in for them.

I mean this isnt a problem, as I wont sell them and they probably wont ask to go. But surely they would just reject the interest straight away?

Well who's to say Reading arent just a flash in the pan? Man Utd will still have a lot higher rep than you, and have the history. So they finished 5th the year before. They will still be in the Europa. And where have they finished the 7/8 years before that? You have a hell of a long way to go yet before teams will choose you over Man Utd

Right, this is how the reputation system works. Short-term success will give it a big bump, but only continued success will make sure it keeps rising up all the way to the level of the big boys. Keep at it and players will eventually become more comfortable feeling that you can repeat this year after year. :)

I would rather ask myself if Reading winning the EPL and playing in the CL final within 6 seasons is realistic... ;)

However I do think the game rightfully holds Top Clubs in high regard despite an eventual small drop in performances, while it doesn't boost the human-controlled club's reputation as soon as they win their first piece of silverware

But well, if the game was actually realistic, you'd be lucky (and extremely good) to have turned Reading into a respectable midtable regular in EPL

Well who's to say Reading arent just a flash in the pan? Man Utd will still have a lot higher rep than you, and have the history.

Reading have much more history than Man United!

It's just United's is littered with trophies, rather than a Simod Cup, a Championship and the Berks and Bucks Trophy.

But yeah, Man United would still be a more attractive club than Reading in that situation. I imagine you're closing the gap though.

Archived