Difference between Approach to Sign and Make offer?

approach is a contract offer to someone who isn't attached, or is expiring (young players can't be attached, because european law doesn't permit full time contracts for minors). Make offer is approaching the club with a transfer offer, which can be done for any attached or unattached player.

Because young players can't be attached, fifa rules state a fee has to be paid to the club, even if a player isn't contracted. If you approach to sign a good prospect (like chelsea did with bruma, like man utd. did with fabio, rafael) you still have to pay 1-2M.

What is the differences? I noticed you can only approach to sign young players, aswell as make an offer, while older players you can only make an offer.

What's the differences(s) and under what circumstances would I choose one over the other?

Whichever is the lowest, the Fee you offer the club or the Compensation you have to pay the club by approaching the player directly.

Whichever is the lowest, the Fee you offer the club or the Compensation you have to pay the club by approaching the player directly.

Or it a player's contract is running out, you might want to consider making a bid for him as you'll get him earlier for a small fee.

The 'approach to sign' is not limited to young players either - it applies to anyone who is within 6 months of their contract running out - or if you are a team in the English League and are looking at a current player in the English league - i think this is reduced to 3 months.

I think this is more or less what the others were implying but just not as clear as my explanation (not biggin myself up - just for clarities sake).

The 'approach to sign' is not limited to young players either - it applies to anyone who is within 6 months of their contract running out - or if you are a team in the English League and are looking at a current player in the English league - i think this is reduced to 3 months.

I think this is more or less what the others were implying but just not as clear as my explanation (not biggin myself up - just for clarities sake).

Guilty.

xxx

Archived