Serious Viral Infection

A common one is where they get Hep A, B or C and that can also lead to liver failure.

A viral infection definitely wouldn't be a cancer, but can cause cancers. Like in the case of h pylori where you get an inflamed stomach, leading to ulcers and diarrhea and other nasties.

There's loads of viral infections like lyme disease, and chlamydia to ear infections.

Maybe he had Epstein Barr virus and it turned chronic!

"An organism under stress, be it physical or mental, or both tends to be immunosuppressed which means immunity is impaired. Endurance sport and strenuous training in many cases is the reason for an impaired immunity. This is a condition that gives room to viruses to spread and may be contained under normal conditions. Acute symptoms of an EBV infection are fever, flu-like symptoms, swollen liver, spleen, and / or lymph nodes (lymphadenopathy, hepatomegaly, splenomegaly) reflecting an overstimulated immune response and immune system.

Under normal conditions this is a self-limiting process. If this is not the case, then a chronic disease may emerge with unspecific symptoms like tiredness, mood alterations, loss of appetite, sleep disturbances, slightly elevated body temperature etc. Also these symptoms are partly due to an imbalanced immune system. The chronic disease is mainly a low-grade systemic inflammatory process that stresses the body over several months. The chronic disease can also be a reactivation of the EBV during severe stress."

Or maybe not. :D

I suspect that the worst injury a striker can have, is the "Ronny Rosenthalitis when-clean-through" virus.

Symptoms are usually a momentary feeling of euphoria, followed by sudden depression.

Highly damaging to performance and can even lead to death (of a strikers career). ;)

I had one of my youngsters at Senglea Athletic (Maltese club) get Testicular Cancer the other day, out for 20 months :(

I'm not sure if that is a joke or not.

There is no such specific "injury" as testicular cancer - unless you're using an injury pack download.

I'm not sure if that is a joke or not.

There is no such specific "injury" as testicular cancer - unless you're using an injury pack download.

Why would I joke about that? I will find you the ss if necessary.

Obviously I have an .edt file to enable me to play in Malta but I haven't downloaded any injury pack so the injuries must be included in the Malta edit file.

I just assumed this injury was in the game, with only newgens ever having it due to legal issues etc.

Why would I joke about that? I will find you the ss if necessary.

Obviously I have an .edt file to enable me to play in Malta but I haven't downloaded any injury pack so the injuries must be included in the Malta edit file.

I just assumed this injury was in the game, with only newgens ever having it due to legal issues etc.

There are a set amount of injuries. 89 in total.

The most serious being damaged cruciate ligaments from a playing perspective, or a serious viral infection from a health perspective.

Of the internal injuries, none go into great detail:

internalinjuries.png

However, there are a few injury packs floating around that you can download - with extra injuries and ailments added, no doubt with "testicular cancer" being included (for some reason...)

Just to add another case here, to show that it doesn't even have to cover other illnesses to be realistic:

In 2000, Wieghorst was diagnosed with the Guillain-Barré syndrome, and following treatment he spent a year in recovery before returning to play in a November 2001 Scottish Cup game. He played three league games for Celtic late in the 2001–02 season, before he returned to Denmark.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morten_Wieghorst#Club_career

Archived