Retina Display

The pixelization in the menus and 2D stadium is noticeable. The benefits of retina resolution are not only for graphic intensive games. All iOS apps have thrived greatly in their retina implementation, and they are not even games, but just apps. The effect on the UI is impressive for iPhone 4 (and soon iPhone 5) users. It would make the experience much more rich in my opinion.

• SI Staff

Its something which is on my 'to do' list - however its not a hugely high priority as to be honest because I feel due to the small pixel size on the iPhone4 its not hugely noticable (I have run a few simple tests with upgrading to retina graphics on specific individual pages and the difference isn't amazingly visible in comparison to on say the iPad) ... its also worth noting that the animation and UI interface are slightly less responsive when the system is rending using retina (because its having to draw four times as many pixels) ... when all these issues are sorted out and myself and Chris have the time to undertake a full implementation of a retina UI i'm sure we will do so.

(basically please be patient - I'm doing my best ... but there are only so many hours in the day ;) )

Archived