Real Madrid

Ok just thought i would highlight some problems i have managing Real Madrid, it seems a lot of spanish league players do not like the club and will not open negotiations.

Currently some players from RCD Espanyol, Valencia and even some youth from Bilbao do not want to talk to me, sure i know there is rivalry etc but i think this is way to strong, irl im pretty sure players at these clubs would move to such a giant of world football.

i remember in another save i couldnt sign Juan Mata but im pretty sure he even started in Real Madrid youth system but he decided to move for more first team chance.

Don't post your opinion on something you know nothing about. if there was a football club set up by the Nazi empire in england would you want to join them? it's in affect the same thing in spain with franco who in affect ran the club for many years. in my opinion it's fine the way it is if you are struggling that much. but i don't understand the mata one i would have thought he would be open to returning.

Ok just thought i would highlight some problems i have managing Real Madrid, it seems a lot of spanish league players do not like the club and will not open negotiations.

Currently some players from RCD Espanyol, Valencia and even some youth from Bilbao do not want to talk to me, sure i know there is rivalry etc but i think this is way to strong, irl im pretty sure players at these clubs would move to such a giant of world football.

i remember in another save i couldnt sign Juan Mata but im pretty sure he even started in Real Madrid youth system but he decided to move for more first team chance.

Its been mentioned before and there seems to be an issue with a lot of players not wanting to sign for other teams in the same division. Could be to do with the rival settings, maybe partly the player loyalty attribute as well.

I suspect it'll be toned down a bit in FM12.

We've mentioned something not too dissimilar on another thread. There a few areas where this treatment seems to need a wider spectrum of fading rather than "loves, hates, doesn't care". We'll see what FM2012 comes up with eh?

Don't post your opinion on something you know nothing about. if there was a football club set up by the Nazi empire in england would you want to join them? it's in affect the same thing in spain with franco who in affect ran the club for many years. in my opinion it's fine the way it is if you are struggling that much. but i don't understand the mata one i would have thought he would be open to returning.

what a post, ive never seen anyone go so far over the top in my life!

No they really don't, thats a terrible idea.

I agree in principal however...this isn't as terrible as it sounds actually. Players agents often have a HUGE say over where a player goes depending on the player's character. For instance I know for a fact that Stuart Downing had other offers other than Liverpool, but was adamant that Liverpool was the only club he'd leave Villa for out of the clubs in for him. Other players however, such as Peter Crouch, left it up to their agent entirely which of the 3, yes 3, clubs were in for him on deadline day. This is up for debate, but I'd like to say my source is VERY reputable and managed to give me the heads up on Jermaine Jenas to Villa nearly a week before Deadline Day.

No they really don't, thats a terrible idea.

You don't believe you should be able to try and over pay players to make them join your club? I don't agree with the editing might as well just make the player join you for free if you are going to cheat.

You don't believe you should be able to try and over pay players to make them join your club? I don't agree with the editing might as well just make the player join you for free if you are going to cheat.

I believe overpaying players should make it more likely they would sign for you especially if loyalty/ambition was taken into account.

However GR Choke suggested you should be able to offer a fixed sum which 100% guaranteed the player would sign for you irrelevant of any other factors.

I believe overpaying players should make it more likely they would sign for you especially if loyalty/ambition was taken into account.

However GR Choke suggested you should be able to offer a fixed sum which 100% guaranteed the player would sign for you irrelevant of any other factors.

I think that bit would be important although I would have thought that Eto'o was reasonably ambitious but willing to sacrifice that for a big pay day.

I wasn't if GR Choke just meant offering a big contract or if he meant offering 300k a week guarantees it which would be a terrible idea.

LOL dude over-reacted here

I love how quickly Fraz laid the smackdown.

It's a bug, and it happens in more than just the spanish league sadly. Getting players to move inside the division in germany/italy/spain is horribly hard for some reason. I mean i know there are some players who might not like real madrid but, the money they would get playing for them there really should be next to no players NOT willing to play for Real Madrid(or barcelona, or any other rich side)

I kind of like it actualy. Real have ruined countless players careers by buying them and sitting them on the bench (if their lucky). They are currently in the process of doing it again to a bunch of talented youngsters.

Maybe its not so much that they hate the club but the players are taking a look at the team and going hmmmm how am i going to get past the other two world class players at my position...then again i could be giving the AI too much credit there. Some footballers play for pride and glory others just like money an awful lot.

I kind of like it actualy. Real have ruined countless players careers by buying them and sitting them on the bench (if their lucky). They are currently in the process of doing it again to a bunch of talented youngsters.

Maybe its not so much that they hate the club but the players are taking a look at the team and going hmmmm how am i going to get past the other two world class players at my position...then again i could be giving the AI too much credit there. Some footballers play for pride and glory others just like money an awful lot.

Tell me who the hell they're ruining now.

Ok mate. No need for the name calling.

Benzema,Canales,Granero

Just finished ruining two Diarras as well.

Kaka is older but they killed him too.

Ruined the two Diarra's? Lass hasn't been ruined, he's still a good player and he was used a lot, if anything then it's his own fault for not becoming a better player than he was in 08/09when he just arrived. He was given plenty of playing time. M.Diarra was great in the first two seasons at Real Madrid, then he was injured for like, 6-12 months and then he kept getting injuries afterwards, so how do you blame Real Madrid for that? Kaká was already ruined in his last season at AC Milan, you thought he was a great player in his last season at Milan, then came to Real Madrid and he was ruined just like that? So wrong. Canales I already explained, Granero is still a very good player but you're right, Real Madrid shouldn't had bought him because he isn't getting much playing time and the other players. However he hasn't gotten worse since he moved from Getafe, he's just still at the same level as he was there. How can you say Benzema was ruined? Is this how most people think when they think of Benzema? He has been great since the start of January 2011, he's lost a lot of weight and right now is miles ahead of Higuaín.

Jesus.

Benzema had a few good games at the end of last season as well. Still hardly had the chances he would have had at Lyon since his move to madrid. Ulitmatly I wasn't trying to attack Real in particular, All the big clubs do it. What i was trying to say is that young players may prefer not to sign for a club in FM beacause they don't believe they will get first team football. It happens IRL to some extent so why not in FM? Just offering an alternate view to players not signing because they hate the club.

Benzema had a few good games at the end of last season as well. Still hardly had the chances he would have had at Lyon since his move to madrid. Ulitmatly I wasn't trying to attack Real in particular, All the big clubs do it. What i was trying to say is that young players may prefer not to sign for a club in FM beacause they don't believe they will get first team football. It happens IRL to some extent so why not in FM? Just offering an alternate view to players not signing because they hate the club.

Benzema is better now than he was at Lyon, he was in great form in the last 6 months of the season, he was great during the summer preseason matches, he's doing absolutely well right now.

Reason Pérez paid so much for Kaká? Obviously because he was still a big name even though he was out of form, it was also to mark the beginning of the new Galácticos.

Archived