Unrealistic issue

Players from clubs like Lens or Montpellier won't move to Olympique Marseille or Lyonnais because the clubs are listed in the other or fierce rivals sections, this issue is present also in Italy where when you manage Inter you cannot transfer players from Sampdoria or Fiorentina, when in real life, players are even loaned between these clubs, see Andrea Poli, loaned from Sampdoria to Inter, try signing him when you manage Inter, it's impossible, this happens also in France and in almost every league, what a let-down, SI. In previous versions like FM10 or 09 this issue wasn't present. I hope it will be fixed.

Hi Georgik,

Whilst I sympathise with your issue, I honestly don't think such a thing can be implemented faultlessly. Perhaps it could be weighted from 1 to 100 in future, where 1 is "no issue transferring between clubs" and 100 is "only in exceptional circumstances".

Man Utd and Man City have transferred players - it depends. Whilst the two clubs are "rivals" they might see a mutually beneficial reason for selling/signing a player. This could also easily the case in France & Italy in the near future...so implementing a "will not do business with X" now might not be the best course of action.

Archived