Need help to understand Fifa 'Player list B" rule.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2011/Sep/manchester-united-champions-league-squad.aspx

Any rules change or what ?

what is "list B" rule ?

Paul Pogba not on the list that mean,can he play champions league ?

Squad for Europe announced

UEFA.com has published the squad lists for the 2011/12 Champions League group stages, including a roll-call of 34 players for Manchester United.

The Reds, aiming to reach a fourth final in five years in the competition, will meet Benfica, Basel and Otelul Galati in Group C on the road to Munich 2012.

The United squad on UEFA.com includes 10 names on 'Player list B' which is for younger squad members - others eligible for this list can be added up to 24 hours before a fixture.

Goalkeepers: David De Gea, Tomasz Kuszczak, Anders Lindegaard, Ben Amos*, Sam Johnstone*.

Defenders: Patrice Evra, Phil Jones, Rio Ferdinand, Jonny Evans, Chris Smalling, Nemanja Vidic, Fabio*, Rafael*, Sean McGinty*.

Midfielders: Anderson, Ryan Giggs, Ji-sung Park, Michael Carrick, Nani, Ashley Young, Tom Cleverley, Darren Fletcher, Antonio Valencia, Darron Gibson, Matty James*, Davide Petrucci*.

Forwards: Michael Owen, Dimitar Berbatov, Wayne Rooney, Javier Hernandez, Danny Welbeck*, Federico Macheda*, Mame Biram Diouf, Will Keane*.

* Indicates player is on list B.

It looks like instead of not having to register players under 21 they have to register a 'list B', which I'm guessing is that they just have to register them instead. Seems a bit pointless because how likely is it that Ben Amos or Sam Johnstone will play in goal.

Wonder if this will be on FM12?

The B list is for players under 21 that have completed two seasons on the club so they don't take spots from the A list.

On game you don't need to register Under 21 players(they are automatically elegible) so there isn't a B list, i don't know if they will change it for FM12, i'm guessing that probably not.

I read about this after seeing the news that Lukaku was left out of Chelsea's CL squad. It seems the rules are more complex in real life than they are in FM, not sure whether this is new regulations for 2011/12 or not. Pogba can't have been at Man U long enough to qualify for list B.

It's annoying, clubs should be able to register their youth team players at any time during the season for CL, but yes, the new (2008 i believe) rules state you can register 19 any players, 6 home grown players, and 6 youth players.

They've changed: Conditions for registration: List B

18.16 Each club is entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B

during the season. The list must be submitted by no later than 24.00 CET on

the day before the match in question.

18.17 A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1990

and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted

period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with

UEFA. Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been

registered with the participating club for the previous two years without

interruption.

I'm more interested whether this is incorporated or not.

18.19 One player from the above quota of three who has been fielded in a UEFA

club competition match for another club in the current season may

exceptionally be registered, provided that the player has not been fielded:

− in the same competition for another club; or

− for another club that is currently in the same competition.

Furthermore, if the player’s new club is playing in the UEFA Europa League,

his former club must not have played in the UEFA Europa League at any

point in the current season.

18.20 One or more players from the above quota of three who have been fielded

only in the first, second or third qualifying round of the UEFA Champions

League or UEFA Europa League for another club that did not qualify for the

group stage of either the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League

are entitled to be registered

If I am reading that correctly, a team in the Champions League may register a player who has played in Europa League, but not in the Champions League group stages.

Archived