anyone won a major league with just home grown players

its a challenge i am going to try in prem but wondering if anyone has done it in one of the big leagues prem/la liga/serie a etc

i would imagine germany offers a good chance as there is a strong basis of homegrown players in place for a club like bayern:thup:

my utd squad is taking shape

GK-Robinson/amos/smithies

fb-smalling/mattock/an others

cd-rio/jones/cahill

cm-cleaverly/carrick/fletch/giggs/rodwell

wing-young/lennon/an other

strikers-rooney / wellbeck/defoe an other

now heres the thing should we allow overseas players who obtain uk nationality a place too:confused: rafael/fabio/macheda etc

would like your feedback and any success stories with similar project

I've done it mainly by accident on my long term save, mainly because I tend to buy any promising youngster when they are like 15/16 so by the time they have to be registered for squads they are all homegrown. I can't remeber the first season I had all homegrown players, I think it was around 2022.

I imagine a fair few have had long-term Athletic Bilbao saves, in which case... there's really no other way. Can't say I've succeeded with a completely home-grown squad, though.

cemendur88: Scotland is the UK as well :) Wonderful achievement!

I've done it mainly by accident on my long term save, mainly because I tend to buy any promising youngster when they are like 15/16 so by the time they have to be registered for squads they are all homegrown. I can't remeber the first season I had all homegrown players, I think it was around 2022.

sounds good who were you and what league

I could have...but some of my players are 16-17 years old and don't have a "home-grown" status yet...but I think this would qualify as a completely home-grown squad. I've won the Bundesliga, Champions League and taken Germany to World Cup glory with this squad.

I could have...but some of my players are 16-17 years old and don't have a "home-grown" status yet...but I think this would qualify as a completely home-grown squad. I've won the Bundesliga, Champions League and taken Germany to World Cup glory with this squad.

thought bayern would be a good shout well done....whats your feeling on overseas players signed young and qualify as being ''home grown''

thought bayern would be a good shout well done....whats your feeling on overseas players signed young and qualify as being ''home grown''

If you do buy foreign player's at young ages(15 or 16), by the time they need to be registered they will be homegrown and if they think it will benefit them they can have your country as a second nation.

I did this with a young Frenchman on my Peterborough save. I bought hi from Lyon aged 15 and by the tie he needs registering he was my best midfielder, home-grown at the club and he chose to take on England as a second nationality.

I think if they qualify as "homegrown" than they are "homegrown"...but for me - I was looking for German players only.

I did it on my long term Rangers save. I decided to develop my youth and not make any purchases unless they were Scottish youth players. It took a good few seasons to achieve but I finally got an all Scottish Rangers team. I had a couple of duel nationalities where Scotland was their second, but convinced them to come to Scotland and play for the national team. If that counts?

EDIT: Here's a real challenge, HG status but no player of home nation. EG Arsenal, all HG players but no British players in the squad.

Meant more that he was the only non-English player in my first team. Haven't had Irish players in my team for a few seasons. Had more and more English players over the years.

Ah. That's quite something. How many years has it taken you and what have they achieved?

Ah. That's quite something. How many years has it taken you and what have they achieved?

Started a game with a what if situation. Removed all non-UK/Irish players from starting team and moved some of the clubs existing cash into transfer budget to roleplay a change in club policy to a similar one to Bilbao. Got back to back promotions and now won the Premiership 3 times. Currently 2017/18 season. Also reached the Europa Cup final once and got to the semi-finals in the Champions League. Key was building a tactic around the players I had, assembled most of the core of my team during 1st and 2nd seasons in the premiership and it has been strengthed by regens since then. Actually had 2 Scottish and 1 Welsh player in my first team squad last season. Everyone else is English.

Did it with Tottenham after making them the worlds top team. Went all English and after 2 years was back on top. Also most of the squad were either players from my own under-18 or 16yo i brought at the start of each season. England won the world cup during this time and they used 10 off my players in the starting 11 and 17 in the 23 man squad.

never tried it but i think it would be way cooler if you did it with players from the academy but this is pretty mint to.

after having a go at this....might try getting players who came through academy and left back i.e. rossi/foster/brown/oshea/shawcross etc etc

Major no , won Bulgarian league with Spartak Varna using players only born in Varna , Belarussian league with Gomel using players only born in Gomel and Turkish league with Altai using players only born in Izmir , note that those are not the only clubs in those cities, Izmir has 3 other clubs , Varna also has Chernomorets and Gomel comes with a second team in division II .

Archived