International Pay

So to be honest this is just a question. In a game that strives for realism why have SI chose to not include international pay for managers? When in real life they obviously get a wage. much like a club manager.

It seems strange they would omit this especially since they have a working manager contract system for clubs.

Tis a fair point. As international teams do not have budgets etc, paying you a wage would be meaningless. The only reason you are given a wage as a club manager is because the amount you earn comes from the overall wage budget. If you weren't paid a club wage you would obviously have more to spend on player wages.

I take no interest at all in what I am paid and take the lowest amount I can.

I think the no international wage also applies to any coaches you have.

Tis a fair point. As international teams do not have budgets etc, paying you a wage would be meaningless. The only reason you are given a wage as a club manager is because the amount you earn comes from the overall wage budget. If you weren't paid a club wage you would obviously have more to spend on player wages.

Might there be a possibility that this will hold your reputation back? (you as a manager)

That's the reason why there's no wages. It's not you're managing the financial side of a national team like you are with a club team. There's actually no point of earning a wage in International Football in FM. If you want realism, then you must be forced to resign from your club side to manage a national team since very few managers do both permanently.

Archived