i wish i could play the matches

mar

Trouble is by playing the game you stop the game being about your management skills. All becomes how well you can play computer football, rather than whether you can manage a team, buy and sell the right players within budgets etc. A really good player could get his Accrington Stanley team to thrash Real Madrid 10-0 just because he can play football games.

I've often wondered if they combined Fifa with FM they would have the perfect football game. Problem is, like Dimitar said - the game would become entirely about beating the computer and on Fifa, I can beat Man Utd with Accrington Stanley almost every time. The match engine would be a phenomenal addition though!

Being able to control the players would take away from the management of the game, making it pretty pointless. Football Manager is great because it's a management game, if you want to play the game yourself then stick to PES or FIFA.

The two cannot be succesfully combined.

If it was it would have to be damn difficult. I'd want the view from my players eyes. I'd need surround sound. And also some sort of suit so I can feel the tackles. A good crunching tackle could taser my leg or something. If I pulled my groin in the real world I'd want the player to go down in a heap, sidelining me from playing. If we get some sort of virtual football suit to mimic what happens in the game then I'm in. Also need a thread mill, multi direction so I can run after the ball. If they're going to do it they should do it right.

A better idea would be being able to transfer your team and player data from one to the other, pretty impossible but I'd love the idea.

That would be wicked seeing my 2028 Sevilla team on FIFA would be great fun, that of course would mean me buying FIFA which isn't going to happen. FIFA has been boring since the indoor football and arrows for free kicks were removed.

If im being brutally honest and I know this seems like a really cut and dry response but if you want to do that then play fifa manager mode. Football manager is a game for management and as previously mentioned if you could take control of fixtures the management part of the game would be useless. Football Manager and Fifa are two separate games and for the foreseeable always will be.

A better idea would be being able to transfer your team and player data from one to the other, pretty impossible but I'd love the idea.

That's what Total Club Manager and FIFA had on console with 'Football Fusion'. Complete waste of time obviously, which involved switching discs for EVERY game.

i understand but i get bored of watching the matches.. all i want is a better game

If you get bored just put it on commentary only and ramp the speed up

Archived