Do you actually get paid?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnerfan:

You're kidding, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Id like to think so. Having said that, there seems to be an abundance of strange posts recently.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joeyt:

Ha, Ha, Ha. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bit harsh.

But no, the wages are used sort of as "job security" i.e., the higher the wage, the less willing the board are to sack you, given the compensation. Plus it's a nice status symbol.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Toon07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joeyt:

Bit harsh.

But no, the wages are used sort of as "job security" i.e., the higher the wage, the less willing the board are to sack you, given the compensation. Plus it's a nice status symbol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why do you quote me instead of gunnerfan?

He's as harsh as me

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sad Git:

I THINK what the OP meant is, do your wages get deducted from your club's finances? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course he did. Yes they do get taken out of your finances, its there for realism and like Toon07 said, as job security.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Toon07:

Bit harsh.

But no, the wages are used sort of as "job security" i.e., the higher the wage, the less willing the board are to sack you, given the compensation. Plus it's a nice status symbol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's as harsh as me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is indeed. Attitudes on this forum stink.

ok just to clarify - your manager gets paid by your club. I got arsenal to pay me £120k p/w once, its still a record for fm08 - see the records thread. and it comes out of club finances, as per real life. it is i.m.o. a good way of seeing your status at the club.

Bit harsh.

He is indeed. Attitudes on this forum stink. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, given the circumstances, I thought I was rather restrained. And I think if you check my posts, you'll find that I generally try to be helpful.

I am even more confused now.

The first few posts suggests that the club clearly does not pay you and it was a stupid question and I am a ******, then the last few posts confirm that the club does actually pay you?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mattyhefc:

So it is good to lower your wage as much as possible then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, because if it all goes tits-up, it won't cost the board that much to buy out your contract and you'll be sacked quicker.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnerfan:

Bit harsh.

He is indeed. Attitudes on this forum stink. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, given the circumstances, I thought I was rather restrained. And I think if you check my posts, you'll find that I generally try to be helpful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, gunnerfan,I have noticed your posts are normally helpful, and interesting, but I didn't see that there was a reason not to answer his question, but to ridicule him... not helpful! Normally I wouldn't have commented at all, but the irritation was increased by my -out of the blue- 7-0 drubbing away to Fulham icon_mad.gif

But let us not argue.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dyl Hero:

I am even more confused now.

The first few posts suggests that the club clearly does not pay you and it was a stupid question and I am a ******, then the last few posts confirm that the club does actually pay you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The problem, I think, is that you used the word actually in the thread title. This meaning "In actual fact" or, in loose terms, reality.

That caused confusion and as your post lacked detail this was exacerbated further.

In answer to your intended question though:

Your wages are taken out of the clubs finances and therefore out of the club. There is no way you can use it for players.

Your wages are deducted from the club's balance. I don't remember if they count against your wage bill or not.

Yes, on one hand, if you sign the cheapest contract possible, you can conceivably have a little bit more in the bank - but it shouldn't be making or breaking the team.

On the other hand, if you get the highest contract / longest duration available, its much harder for the board to sack you.

So, the "real" benefit to you-the-player is job security.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by llama3:

ok just to clarify - your manager gets paid by your club. I got arsenal to pay me £120k p/w once, its still a record for fm08 - see the records thread. and it comes out of club finances, as per real life. it is i.m.o. a good way of seeing your status at the club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

120k/week is a record?

Arsenal bumped me up to 100k/week after one season, and i didn't even negotiate.:|

so if your sacked by the board you get compensation, and it is shown in your career earnings, the reason i ask is if this is true i have never noticed this in the game, but what a good realism for the game icon14.gif

As an added point of interest o to your own profile in game then go History -> Information. At the bottom of Manager Statistics is a title by the name of 'career earnings so far'.

So there is a quantitative record of how your wages have added up.

Perhaps if you go to World -> Managers (which I won't do as it takes forever to load with my league settings) you can compare total career earnings. Well maybe...I don't know for sure. Try it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by llama3:

ok just to clarify - your manager gets paid by your club. I got arsenal to pay me £120k p/w once, its still a record for fm08 - see the records thread. and it comes out of club finances, as per real life. it is i.m.o. a good way of seeing your status at the club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And, beat it.

By a cool 55k a week no less :-P

I shudder to think what my wage will be if they carry on renegotiating every year...

Wow, I got offered £165k p/w by Arsenal. I'll try and get a screenshot if it's still in my game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dyl Hero:

Do you get paid your wages or is it just a novelty feature? because I don't want to be paid I want to spend that money on new players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As a PROFESSIONAL, to keep the realism, you must be paid. It has an effect in the game since it can influence your chances of being sacked or approached by another club.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amplifierworship:

Wow, I got offered £165k p/w by Arsenal. I'll try and get a screenshot if it's still in my game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beat you. I was only offered 155k too. NEgotiated to 175k:-p

Archived