Idea to make scouting much more efficient

Hi guys,

In the game I usually send my scouts out to scout regions, because it takes too much micro-managing to send them to individual countries. However, this way my scouts spend a lot of time in nations that aren't really interesting with regard to the overall quality of the players. And because of the restrictions in the number of scouts I can hire, I never send them to regions like Southern Africa, because there's only one 'interesting' country in that region (South Africa), so this way I never get to scout a number of interesting countries.

Recently I came up with the idea to change the region layout, so that all interesting nations are put together in a reasonable number of regions I can send my scouts to. This way only the interesting nations are scouted; most of them are scouted every year, some countries every two years. Also, I rarely have to change my scouting setup this way, because I know they are in a place where there are enough potentially interesting players.

A couple of examples: I made one region with interesting nations in Asia, and added Australia to that region. And I took the non-EU countries from Eastern Europe, and placed them in the region Middle East (the original middle eastern countries were placed in other Asian regions). The last example: I placed the interesting Scandinavian nations in the UK & Ireland region, and put all uninteresting nations in Europe in Scandinavia.

My question is: can this cause a problem within the game? Maybe some other people have done this already, and can share their experiences. So far, I have only made the layout on paper, and haven’t edited it in the database yet. My particular concern is with the examples where I crossed continent borders, like I have done with Australia. Thank you for your responses.

Finally, if anybody is interested in the modified region layout, let me know. Provided it works normally in the game, it promises to make scouting much more efficient.

Yeah, I really dislike the scouting system as is. If I'm playing as Sunderland and I send a top quality scout to somewhere like West Africa or Southeast Asia for 3 months, I simply do not believe that there is NO ONE worth looking at or a young prospect to bring over and take a punt on. I'm not playing as Man Utd or Barce here, this is Sunderland, ffs!

Archived