How Do You Build A Successful Tactic?

Cole

Pick the formation based on the players, rather than the other way around. Play to your strengths, concentrate on getting the key men involved as much as possible, and consider how you'll cope against different formations.

Are you looking for a GD about this, or a genuine T&TD?

What do you have to consider apart from do the players suit the roles that you have set?

Roles come before players, its no good having 11 poachers on the pitch.

You pick a formation that makes use of the squad you have, you pick roles that fit together giving balance to your tactic and then you place players in the roles you think they can fill.

Some players will be able to fill several roles, some only one.

I play a 4-4-2 regardless of what players I have or team I am?

I guess it is how I have it set for individual roles. But anything else doesn't seem to work as well.

Wingers cross from byline. DL and DR cross from deep.

DC & DC set to zonal marking.

DM set to not go forward or run with ball, short passes, hard tackling - things DM should do lol

AM set to go forward, needs good creativity for throughballs (plus a fast striker helps), needs good dribbling for running with ball. Don't like them taking long shots so push that back all the way, all my mdifielders have that long shot set to minimum.

Fast Striker and a Complete Striker.

Wingers I go for fast, good dribbling, good creativity, good crossing.

That's it really. Simple 4-4-2 football.

Determine the formation & style of play you want based on the players available to you. For example, if you start a save with Barcelona or Arsenal, you will have a wealth of players with good 'passing', 'creativity' & 'off the ball movement' attributes who are quite small in stature. This would immeadiatley tell me what style of play to use, obviously it's also influenced by reality too, for my team; Possession Football would be the obvious tactic to try & create. Where as, if you play as someone like Stoke, who have big, strong & players who are good in the air, it would be a better option to try & use a more direct, 'route one' approach. One the otehr hand, you could try & bring in players who could add a bit more style, creativity to their play & attempt to play possession football but, that would be a time-consuming & would require a lot of wealth & patience to do.

All in all, determine a style of play you want to play, based on the players available to you, & create a tactic that works for you.

:thup:

Archived