Heaviest fall from grace?

I'm interested to know what fallen giants any of you have seen in your saves? Obviously just CPU teams, it's not impressive if you've destroyed the club yourself!

In my Southampton FM10 save, both Pompey and Wigan fell to League Two. Pompey are still there, whereas Wigan did a pretty good job in rebuilding are were challenging at the top of the Championship last time I played.

The biggest fall though, in the same save, was Blackburn Rovers. They weren't relegated until about 2013, but from then on it has just been a downward spiral, spending two seasons in the Championship, before three more relegations in the space of only a few years. They have been lingering around in the BSP for a couple of years, being predicted to walk the league every year but always falling just short.

I've also seen Wolfsburg in the 3. Liga and Sampdoria in the third Italian division, but none as fantastically awful as BRFC's drop.

In one of my FM10 saves Preston were relegated out of the game (I had down to Blue Square North and South) by 2017. Well, strictly they weren't out of the game, but were in non-playable leagues. They didn't end up back in a playable league until 2024, when they were relegated again.

Maybe not on the same scale as the Blackburn example but in one of my saves on FM11 Kilmarnock fell out of the SPL after a few seasons and then pretty quickly ended up in the Third Division. They spent a few seasons lingering right at the bottom of the league before finally working their way back up to the First Divison.

Seen Sunderland fall to league two in 2100 and stayed there for a few years but a new coqch with no money took them back to EPLin about 8 seasons. Seen Wigan go to league two by 2050 and now in 2121 they have been in BSP for decades.

in my current Juve save, Valencia were relegated and were stripped of all their main players - i got Rami for £2.5m. \o/ They still managed to bounce back but are now relegation fodder and probably will remain so until they get decent youths. Their debt isn't helping matters either. Tempted to take the job the next time it pops up.

Archived