How to make international sides 'playable'?

Hi there,

I am currently having a little phase where I want to play as the Liechtenstein manager. However, you cannot choose Liechtenstein from the list at the start of the game. I have done everything to try and make this possible- changed the team importance to 'important' on the editor, custom selected every single Liechtensteiner for the game to load, chosen the Swiss, German and Austrian leagues- I don't know what else to do! I am playing on a Swiss nation editor file (one downloaded from this site) so I can't make a Liechtenstein one as well- but even if I did, I'd have to add a league and this would be different to real life. Can anyone help?

In the database there are around 80 players (seperate to staff) of Liechtenstein nationality (not including those players which have it as a second nationality), in the meantime I have created a further 25 from real life to push it over 100, and it still won't let me be manager. Are there any other criteria to be fulfilled? Countries like Mali and Albania show up on here, and they can't have many players!

You need a minimum number of players of that nationality in the database to be able to manage them, not sure of the actual number - 25? 30?

The only suggestion would be to create more players or maybe give some dual nationality.

I think the actual number is 150 players in the database. The only way without editing is to load all players from a nation at game start.

Yeah load a new game with custom database and set it to load all players of nationality and pick liechtenstein.

I've tried that already (see original post) but still no success. If what Brian says is true, I'll continue to create real-life players and then probably have to make up some of my own to hit the magic 150. Can someone verify this if possible? Don't want to reach 150 only to be told it's 300 or something.

Mali have a pretty good side and are ranked in the top 50 in my save which is only in the second season. I took them over in 2017 in another save and they still had real players and got to the semi-final of the World Cup not really a comparison to Liechtenstein. Better off looking how many players the small low ranked nations have.

I've had a look in the editor. Both Albania and Mali have exactly 500 players and non-players in the database. Coincidence, or benchmark required?

I was offered the Senegal job earlier and they had 204 players in the player search (Inc duel nationality). Not sure if that covered the whole database though.

Archived