Harry Kewell's contract

I know their may be others but I will just use this as an example.

Harry Kewell has signed for Melbourne Victory in the A-League, because this is such a big signing, it would appear that he will receive the gate of away teams when he comes to play, because of his pulling power etc.

Will this be in the game?

He isn't getting the gate payments for away games. To answer your question, currently I cannot replicate his 80% of Melbourne Victory revenue contract so this will be represented differently in-game.

Probably one for the Australian data issues thread though.

He isn't getting the gate payments for away games. To answer your question, currently I cannot replicate his 80% of Melbourne Victory revenue contract so this will be represented differently in-game.

Probably one for the Australian data issues thread though.

Thanks, but I'm sure he tried for some of the away gate. That might also have been negotiating with the FFA anyway. However, I'm sure this would work in some of the other leagues, but obviously it isn't common. May also be hard to code in.

FFA are giving him $500k for advertising purposes but he is not getting away gate takings. The reason was if other players came home and tried the same thing there wouldn't be enough to go around and thus you wouldn't be able to attract players home. He is getting 80% of increased revenue from ticket sales and marketing of Victory. Other clubs will not be giving him anything, even though earlier it was reported as such.

FFA are giving him $500k for advertising purposes but he is not getting away gate takings. The reason was if other players came home and tried the same thing there wouldn't be enough to go around and thus you wouldn't be able to attract players home. He is getting 80% of increased revenue from ticket sales and marketing of Victory. Other clubs will not be giving him anything, even though earlier it was reported as such.

They aernt anymore.

They were going to give him this, but negotiations broke down because of conflict with Kewells sponsorships, however a loop hole was found which meant if Kewell signed a standard player contract that he could keep all sponsorships (that were sponsors before he signed the contract). Thats why the whole process took so long.

Sorry, that was my mistake. At least he is still coming home!

I know their may be others but I will just use this as an example.

Harry Kewell has signed for Melbourne Victory in the A-League, because this is such a big signing, it would appear that he will receive the gate of away teams when he comes to play, because of his pulling power etc.

Will this be in the game?

actually Kewell will be receiving 60% of the additional profits at away games in games he plays. So for eg - Melbourne heart vs Melb Victory. if normally they get 25,000 and with Kewell playing they get 30,000 then Kewell will get 60% of the additional $$ from the 5000 extra people in the crowd

actually Kewell will be receiving 60% of the additional profits at away games in games he plays. So for eg - Melbourne heart vs Melb Victory. if normally they get 25,000 and with Kewell playing they get 30,000 then Kewell will get 60% of the additional $$ from the 5000 extra people in the crowd

No, he isnt.

if normally they get 25,000 and with Kewell playing they get 30,000 then Kewell will get 60% of the additional $$ from the 5000 extra people in the crowd

I can tell you that they really don't get 25,000 :D

But yeah, I'm with Eleanor. How can FM implement this if no-one actually knows the terms?

Might be able to do pay-as-you play contracts now. It will be tough though. Trying to get an agent to accept an offer with no weekly wage just clauses like 35,000 an apperience, goal bonuses etc.

I've managed to get them going with no agent involved. I'm sure if you just bunged him a healthy agent fee, he wouldn't give two hoots what wage you were giving his player.

I can tell you that they really don't get 25,000 :D

But yeah, I'm with Eleanor. How can FM implement this if no-one actually knows the terms?

The actual deal is as such:

Kewell will get 80% of any increased revenue in home ticketing and sales. If an extra 5000 people turn up to Victory home matches Kewell will pocket 80% of that. The kicker is, if Kewell isn't playing then he gets nothing so it is an 80% if you play. If there is no increase or there is a decrease then he gets nothing. This is only with home games. Away games have no impact. The same goes for merchandicing - 80% on any increase in revenue. If Victory had a revenue of $1m last season and they have $1.1m this season Kewell gets the $80,000 from the increased revenue and Victory get $20,000.

Make sense?

Doesn't concern me too much that this isn't in the game. What wage would he be on per week though?

Nothing. It depends on if it is a home or away game. At home, it depends on if the average crowd is higher or lower than last season. If higher, he gets 80% of the increase. For away games he earns nothing.

Nothing. It depends on if it is a home or away game. At home, it depends on if the average crowd is higher or lower than last season. If higher, he gets 80% of the increase. For away games he earns nothing.

That's just the bonus, he still has a base salary,

Firstly - Turkey... the history around that part of the world is simply without peer and a cultured individual may enjoy being immersed for a while. That's the only thing I can think of!

Secondly - H Kewell's contract... don't know the details of what seems like a really tricky deal but for everyone's sake I hope he scores somewhere near the same amount of goals as Robbie Kruse did. Promotion or not the A League is not on free to air TV in any capacity save the news and that means the average Aussie will only see a lot of Harry if he is hitting the back of the net.

Just want to make clear I wasn't trying to knock the turkish league, Turkey has produced some fine players over the years and even more with turkish ancestory are coming through for germany/belegium etc.

What i did find strange was that Kewell chose Galatasary after what happened when Leeds went there for a Euro game a few years back when he was still playing for them IIRC and a couple of fans got stabbed to death. If the guy had any feelings for the club that trained him since he was a teenager and gave him his start in pro football he wouldn't have went to Gala. Total merc.

I hope it isn't included in FM, as it would have to be done right as some players already demand too much. If your like me, you just move on then and pull out of negotiations.

I'm sure Kewell will get injured in the first 5 games anyway.

Archived