Bojan transfer in FM 2012

Bojan transfer to Roma is very complictated and I'm wondering if it will be possible to implement it to the FM 2012.

I remind You the deal: Roma paid 12 mln Euros (in fact will pay to July 2012). After the first season Barcelona MIGHT buy him back for 15 mln Euros and after the second season Barcelona HAS TO buy him back for 15 mln Euros (but Roma has the option to block the transfer to Barcelona by paying additional 28 mln Euros).

I suppose it can be very difficult to implement that in the game, but maybe I am wrong?

Bojan transfer to Roma is very complictated and I'm wondering if it will be possible to implement it to the FM 2012.I remind You the deal: Roma paid 12 mln Euros (in fact will pay to July 2012). After the first season Barcelona MIGHT buy him back for 15 mln Euros and after the second season Barcelona HAS TO buy him back for 15 mln Euros (but Roma has the option to block the transfer to Barcelona by paying additional 28 mln Euros).

Like wow, what is this world coming to, really?

Ugh...

Let's see...

On loan for 2 seasons with Barça paying a wage % (to make it up for the extra 3M) and with a Future Fee of 40M

It's not the ideal way, but AFAICT it's the only way to have Barça "pay" for the loan and to give Roma a chance to buy him for the actual total sum they'd end up paying IRL

I think it's a good deal. You have a player that's fairly decent and young. He's not getting his game at Nou Camp. Mainly because of David Villa.

Villa is almost 31 or 32? Can't remember. Anyway. Bojan to Roma for €12m. Not a bad buy for a still promissing player. If he becomes good, and when Villa is that bit older that it's hard to pick him, Barcelon have the option of buying him back for €15m. Which isn't bad. They are essentially paying Roma €3m to play him.

But now if Bojan becomes a force to be reckoned with, Roma have the option to buy him for €28m.

Either way, both clubs win here. I'm sure if Barcelona don't want him at the Nou Camp that he could be sold for a lot more than €3m that they effectively lost.

This seems to benefit everyone.

...never mind the game, I'm baffled by this transfer!

Okay, so... let's get this straight...

Bojan has gone to Roma for €12 million Euros. If Barca want to they can buy him back after one season for €13 million and after 2 seasons they must buy him back for this price unless Roma pay an additional €28 mil...

Why?! So essentially Barca are paying Roma a cool million to take him on a 2 year loan with an option of a €40 mil deal... That's basically getting rid of the up front fee and factoring it in later.

Not quite, i think

Barcelona can buy him back for €15m and must after two years. That's his buy-back clause.

But Roma can stop Barca from signing him back by paying them €28m.

There's no obligation from Roma to sign him for €28m. Depends if they want him.

But Barca must buy him back for €15m after 2 years.

THat's my understanding of it.

Not quite, i think

Barcelona can buy him back for €15m and must after two years. That's his buy-back clause.

But Roma can stop Barca from signing him back by paying them €28m.

There's no obligation from Roma to sign him for €28m. Depends if they want him.

But Barca must buy him back for €15m after 2 years.

THat's my understanding of it.

Indeed...

but there's no way (I guess) to recreate such a deal in FM...

All we have are Future Fee and Buy-back clause, but as Buy-back clauses don't apply to loans, it's impossible to recreate the intricate 12m/15m/28+12m clauses scenario

Could be done like co-owning a player?

You'd have Roma bid to co-own Bojan. Bojan moves to Roma. Decision on to bid for him in 2 years time?

Would that work?

Guess it's just speculation, the guys at SI probably have a better plan?

But like it's been said, Roma have just been paid to take Bojan on loan with an option to buy. Difference is Roma had to put up there own money first hand and if they don't want to keep him then they will just make a profit for using a good player in there team!

This weird transfer is as good a reason as any for SI to take a long, hard look at the flexibility of their transfer system.

And 'fix' the limitations of co-ownerships in the game while they're at it.

The AI will make a mess of it, and I hardly think one transfer is a good reason for SI to massively change the transfer system.

Archived