feeder teams

does anyone know if in the new football manager 2012 you can choose your own feeder club instead of having to recommend one of the clubs the board suggest ? it would be awesome if you could as if you have a soft spot for a local team in a lower devision you could help them while managing a team at the highest level.

many thanks

That was possible on previous versions once the board trusted you a lot, and I'm pretty sure its meant to be on this version but it doesn't work properly. I never found it very effective though, often the board would reject your recommendation.

It is possible in FM10, the option became available to me after three years in charge of Southampton. It failed three or four times because agreement couldn't be reached between the two clubs (I think) so I tried another approach and befriended the manager of the club I wanted as feeder before asking the board, and was successful.

It could have been coincidence of course, but I haven't had the opportunity to try it again since then to test it.

Archived