Signing young players before their 18th burthday?

Is there a list of all countries that allow their players (at least in FM) to leave the country before their 18th burthday? I know that Chech Republic's players are allowed to leave anytime and I think I remember some African country to allow it too, but I don't remember which one exactly. Does anyone have a list of these countries as I like to sign young talents with plenty of time to tutor and shape in any form I like?

Most, if not all EU countries allow young players to leave before they turn 18. In fact its much rarer that players can't move, the only players I remember having trouble signing are those from Brazil and Argentina, although I'm sure there's a few others.

Well, as you can probably already noticed, the only players you can sign are EU players and that if you are at EU. (something to do with EU being considered only one nation, with no frontiers if i'm not mistaken) If you are not at EU i don't think you can sign them before the 18th. The rest of the nations have this restriction.

I don't understand why this happens in-game , wasn't Messi signed as a child by Barcelona? Surely there were other south americans that moved to Europe before they were 18?

This rule is a bit complex. The truth is that it's possible to have any U18 in Europe but one of his parents needs to have a job in the country the player goes.

It would be hard to code that on the game. :)

This rule is a bit complex. The truth is that it's possible to have any U18 in Europe but one of his parents needs to have a job in the country the player goes.

It would be hard to code that on the game. :)

Thanks for the clarification, unless SI would code parents in-game it's impossible to have that in-game :)

Thanks for the clarification, unless SI would code parents in-game it's impossible to have that in-game :)

They could have an option to pay an extra and hire this U18 players. (By hiring one of the parents) The downside of this option would be the extra money (on the parent salary) they would have to spend on it.

Archived