Attracting better players in lower leagues

Akura, listen to your staff recommendations and give trials to every unattached player offered by agents. You'll find more than enough "better" players than your current squad to build a strong team and it'll cost you very little or nothing (and you could even sell some of them on for profit ;) )

I find it easy, as Tamworth in the BSN I offered for a fantastic free agent, League 1 Plymouth and League 2 Bournemouth offered for him as well, I was shocked when he rejected both of the aforementioned clubs to join me, and then the board pulled the plug on the deal due to me breaking the wage budget ¬_¬. This was before I had even played a match.

Managing Auckland City I found that most of the players offered to me were a lot better than ones I could sign by scouting and searching. Always worth a look at players offered to you when you are a lower league team.

Very true. Also, players which are linked with you in news reports seem easier to coax to your side. on FM10 as Notts County boss I managed to bring in lots of players based on media links, including some pretty big names.

Archived