Should Player Contract Clauses Be Hidden?

What the title says, should player contract clauses be hidden? Player attributes are, meaning we don't what the player is like, but we know all the details of the contract. I think when you scout a player, the more you scout him the more you learn about him. It would be interesting to find out that a player you've been scouting for sometime has a hidden clause in his contract, like a minimum release fee. Just adds to realism.

I'd imagine, in real life, you'd just need to call their agent and they'd tell you. So if that's the case, its not hidden IRL so shouldn't be in the game.

Then why not have the ability to talk to agents?

How about building relationships with agents so if in the future you start talking to a player whos agent is a good friend, the negotiations might go a bit smoother and go more in your favour.

I'd imagine, in real life, you'd just need to call their agent and they'd tell you. So if that's the case, its not hidden IRL so shouldn't be in the game.

Isn't that just akin to 'tapping-up' players? Blackburn made a fuss about clubs seemingly knowing Phil Jones' release clause.

Archived